• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Manually cycling rounds and followers.....

LeMat

Copper BB
Coupla quick things......

Did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Should I be able to manually cycle rounds through the 930 SPX? I've attempted to do so, but unless I pull the bolt back very briskly, it does not want to eject. By briskly, I mean really yankin' that thing back fast and hard.

Secondly, I noticed that I couldn't fit 7 rounds of 2 3/4" shells in the mag tube. Disassembled and lo and behold there were two followers in there. Stacked right on top of each other. Removed one and problem solved. Wonder if anyone who had the same issue checked to see how many followers were in the darn thing. ;)

Whoohoo! Free parts! :D
Just another shining example of Mossbergs ongoing QC woes.
It could be that evrything needs a good cleaning and oiling if manual cycling is difficult.
Welcome to the Forum! :)

Howdy and welcome,
Every once in a while you will hear about double stacked followers leaving the factory, but it is hardly the main reason for so many of the on going feeding issues which have been well addressed on this forum.
As to the other portion of your question, yes, you should be able to hand cycle your ammo with reasonable ease. How many rounds have you fired through your SPX? Is it still breaking in? And yes, having it clean and oiled does help.
Cheers....

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The last semi auto shotgun I owned was an older Benelli 121 M1. Great shotgun, but didn't cycle anything other than buck or slugs reliably. Heard about the 930 being fairly reliable with just about everything and figured I'd finally try an auto again.

I've read through all the stickes and have performed the required cleaning and lubing. Just figured I'd run some dummy rounds through it manually to see if there was anything odd or peculiar going on.

Guess I'll just need to shoot the darn thing to see how it's going to act. ;)

LeMat said:
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The last semi auto shotgun I owned was an older Benelli 121 M1. Great shotgun, but didn't cycle anything other than buck or slugs reliably. Heard about the 930 being fairly reliable with just about everything and figured I'd finally try an auto again.

I've read through all the stickes and have performed the required cleaning and lubing. Just figured I'd run some dummy rounds through it manually to see if there was anything odd or peculiar going on.

Guess I'll just need to shoot the darn thing to see how it's going to act. ;)
My SPX was stiff at first also which is why I asked how many rounds were through yours. I believe your action should smooth out considerably after a 100 rounds or so. Be sure to check your dummy rounds and some fired rounds for unusual signs left by the extractor and cycling process. My extractor was leaving terrible burrs on the brass of cases at first.
Let us know how it goes.
Regards....

Back