• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model 500A 12-gauge BOLT ASSEMBLY repair

I have a broken BOLT LOCK PIN which allows the BOLT LOCK to pivot improperly inside the BOLT ASSEMBLY. I'm looking for a new PIN or complete BOLT ASSEMBLY. I've written an email to Mossberg but they haven't responded as yet.

I'm looking for alternate sources for parts for my shotgun. I've read that now that Mossberg is international, parts availabilty from them directly is not too reliable (true or not, not sure)...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Dave

Attachments

• Mossberg500_03.jpg
    Mossberg500_03.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 242
It appears to me that there is a crack above the pin hole of the bolt assembly.
If it was me I would call Mossberg to see what they say.
Your gun may within the 10 year warranty peroid and they fix it for free.

From Midwayusa.com

Mossberg Bolt Lock Pin Mossberg 500 A 12 Gauge, 590, 835
Product #: 717459 Mossberg #: 1531 $2.99

A lot less hassle than dealing with Mossberg service and less down time.

To: oli700 --- Yes, I went to their site, and they did not have the part in stock...but I will call them to be sure...thanks for the suggestion!

To: OldMan --- I looked at the bolt very closely under a magnifying glass, and there are no cracks in the assembly; just scratches and wear marks. The gun is over 20 years old, so I'm sure it's out of warranty...Thanks for the response!

To: nasa --- Thanks for the LINK to MidwayUSA.com --- looks promising!

I also looked at NUMRICH GUN PARTS CORP --
http://www.gunpartscorp.com
They have several listings for the complete BOLT ASSEMBLY:

part #1175800 Bolt Assembly, 12 Ga., Old Style w/Rocker Type Bolt Lock

part #55160A Bolt Assembly, 12 Ga.

so I'll have to call and check with them what the differences are...In the end, I'll probably have to order from multiple sources, as one place has one part, and another has the other part.

Thanks again everyone!
GREAT message board!

BuffaloDave

Back