• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model 500AT Compatibility Questions

Stugotz

Copper BB
I just inherited a Model 500AT originally used for duck hunting with a very long barrel.

As I want to use it for home defense, which brand/models will properly fit so I can shorten the barrel to 18.5" as well as any other changes you all would recommend to set up for HD?

The main sites I have been to state their parts are compatible with Model 500 or 500A, yet I do not see options for the AT model.

Are 500s all the same compatibility wise for aftermarket parts/mods?

I am going to assume that it's a 12 gauge.

But no, not all 500 parts will work with every 500. Over the last 50 years, there have been some odd ball variants and a few minor design changes.

But the AT being a relatively new'ish gun should accept most of the parts that you can find for them, but you'll have to get a Mossberg barrel regardless of the company you buy it from and yes, Mossberg sells an 18.5 inch barrel that you can simply swap out with the long one that is on the gun now, and if you want to go duck hunting, simply put the long barrel back on it, so there is no reason to shorten the one you already have.

Thanks you for quick response!

Yes, it is definitely a 12 gauge which my father purchased probably more than twenty years ago from what I can tell.

Being able to swap between long and short barrels sounds awesome.

Which online retailers do Mossberg 500 owners buy barrels, stocks, etc from for good prices?

You can try midwayusa.com or brownells.com

Ebay always has parts for 500's
If you are patient a good deal can be found on used barrels

Back