• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Monster 12 ga slugs

Blood_Trail

.270 WIN
I'm in the process of working up loads for a 2 oz and 770 grs 12 full bore slugs. It's about to get real.
5db21ee930ec078be1536f8b37f3d58d.jpg

c1fcc924d4b34ae477b75743bf0fa2f2.jpg

a1f8f7fe627cb99e6a2944aff8ebf397.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look really great as a finished product.

Full bore but how hard/soft is the lead alloy? Interesting.

o_O did someone say Howitzer Rounds?

Yes, please do take a video of you tearing through some stuff with these. Milk jugs, car doors, 2' concrete blocks! I'm more interested in the recoil. Although I'm guessing to be safe, these will leave the barrel at much slower velocities? less then 1k/fps?

UHHHHH, UHHHH these with that 12 gauge suppressor would = pure awesome!

o_O did someone say Howitzer Rounds?

Yes, please do take a video of you tearing through some stuff with these. Milk jugs, car doors, 2' concrete blocks! I'm more interested in the recoil. Although I'm guessing to be safe, these will leave the barrel at much slower velocities? less then 1k/fps?

UHHHHH, UHHHH these with that 12 gauge suppressor would = pure awesome!

I'm shooting for around 1200 fps then working up from there. I would love these things moving at about 1500fps.

I have a 2.2 oz triball load I put behind 28 grs of BlueDot and that's pushing 1200 fps. Recoil was stout even when shooting in an auto.

I've no rookie when it comes to hard hitting loads. Plus the lead sled takes a lot of bite out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back