• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More Big Brother Politics

OhioArcher

Where's da fishes?
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Forget the internet...as a quickly deteriorating third world country, the United States will have no infrastructure to support a system that has rapidly outgrown itself...that is vulnerable to attack from other third world countries like China and North Korea...and that will eventually take us down the rabbit hole once the hackers turn off the juice because we left the back door wide open.

This I know...my whole career was Cyber Security with the DoD.

Look what they did just yesterday....stopped trading on Wall Street...stopped US Airlines from operating...and stopped the presses at the Wall Street Journal.

Do you really think all that was a "technical glitch"...!!?? ...starting literally within minutes of each other !!??

Try DOS...a denial of service attack...
and that was only a warm-up as to what's coming in the near future.

Wake up and smell the "fundamental change" your President promised YOU in 2008...!!

Like sexual harassment it can probably be defined as anything that is perceived as terrorist activity. :rolleyes: You know, NRA membership, Republican registration, ammo and/or gun collecting, head shaving (only if white and male), certain video viewing histories, whatever acquaintances and exes may report about you...

Up until recently the fear of Big Brother crap like this could be dismiss as paranoia (we've all heard it: "Bah, I'm too insignificant to interest them") . But thanks to our information technologies spiraling out of control we will soon (I may be behind the curve here) reach the long pursued goal of Total Awareness Society where there is no privacy or secrets. This is done in the name of keeping everybody safe, and can only be accepted by a herd of sheep.

I smelled a rat when sites like Facebook and LinkedIn started requiring positive ID of their members. Accountability in free speech, you know?

No such thing as being too insignificant any more. The "them" is nothing more than a software that indiscriminately flags you based on key words and phrases it picks out of our email, web posts, social media posts, etc.. Go to amazon and buy a backpack for your kids first day of school, a pressure cooker for your grandmother's birthday and them charge a box of nails at the local home depot and then wonder how many alarms just went off at DHS. I probably just sent some off just posting this innocent example.

I (we) like to think we are important enough to warrant scrutiny, but I seriously doubt I am on their radar. They would need some kind of mind reader to get to the really impure thoughts my head contains... ;) :D

But there could be moles in forums such as these, looking for the wackjobs--who knows? :rolleyes:

Not trying to go OT, but if the electrical grid goes down, and the internet along with it, and cell towers fail to broadcast, how will I communicate with my peeps? I've been toying with the idea of Ham Radio. What do you think?

During the 'canes of '04, we were without power for 2x one week each event. In the beginning, cell service was also out. Then the issue of charging the phones. And power tool batteries. Luckily had car chargers and inverters for both...

PS: we DID have landline phone service throughout both outages, as the lines were underground. I suppose if we had hooked up a genny, and powered up the DSL, we would have had working internet, as well. But I was too busy cutting up the 100 or so trees that had fallen in my "back yard", many from neighboring properties... :mad: :rolleyes: Still have a landline, although it is used for the fax machine.

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of Ham Radio. What do you think?

Thought of that myself. Bought the guide last year and even posted here about it but never followed up with getting my license (not that that really matters when the SHTF).

No such thing as being too insignificant any more. The "them" is nothing more than a software that indiscriminately flags you based on key words and phrases it picks out of our email, web posts, social media posts, etc.. Go to amazon and buy a backpack for your kids first day of school, a pressure cooker for your grandmother's birthday and them charge a box of nails at the local home depot and then wonder how many alarms just went off at DHS. I probably just sent some off just posting this innocent example.
Abso-freaking-lutely. Decades ago, NRO (National Reconnaissance Office - it's been out for a long time) satellites were eavesdropping on international phone calls to and from the US. Keywords related to tax evasion or international terrorism set off a recording that would end up in some analyst's office for evaluation. Back then, during the Cold War, it was necessary and acceptable monitoring for national security.

But since the Patriot Act, the NSA scandal and what Snowden revealed I think we all know now that everything is heard and read today and that the monitoring and analysis are completely automated. This means that the old thinking that they didn't have the time to sort through all the data, or that humans were necessary (and too busy or lazy to care about our small lives) no longer applies. When you realize that the giant corporations we trust to carry our communications in reasonable anonymity are in bed with the system and turn over anything without warrants (simplifying here, but that's what it comes down to)... you know that every word counts. What you buy, read, watch, write and say gets dissected. So the "I'm not doing anything wrong" mentality becomes very naive when everything we are and believe in can be portrayed as a threat. Male? White? Conservative? Gun owner? Suspicious of big government? Well, how do 'they' know that you're not planning anything? Better look into that. :mad:

I've been hawkish and a 'law and order' guy for a long time. And I'd always viewed the loss of 'some' liberties as a necessary evil to ensure national security. After 9/11 I actually welcomed the measures taken as I knew they would help identify muslim cells stateside. Not long ago you could've heard me say that the fact that we haven't had any major attacks on our soil validated the whole thing, and that one day, once the smoke cleared, we'd have to roll everything back and recover our privacy. But what we knew then was only the tip of the iceberg and a trojan horse.
Given who is in power right now and how quickly the Big Brother, NWO agenda is being implemented shamelessly, I am now rooting for a system failure of some kind. The government is meant to be a servant, not the big eye in the sky cracking down on the free exchange of words and ideas in a supposed democracy. Unfortunately the public has been largely brainwashed to accept and demand a Big Nanny, and to give up all weapons and privacy. The commies embedded in schools and universities, the media and showbiz have seen to that since the '60s.

After a while (especially if you have any LE acquaintances) you start realizing that laws are not as much passed to protect the public (it's largely an illusion) as to give the powers that be tools to retaliate against people they don't like. Just like tax and gun laws keep piling on and on creating much confusion and many redundancies, the whole thing is about having a way to get anyone on anything and ultimately to keep the sheep in line. It's about power. So yes, I'm pretty sure that many of our innocent and otherwise legal activities (like owning firearms, shooting them and talking about it) put us at risk of getting caught in a net that gets finer and tighter by the minute.
It's concerning and something to be aware of, especially in a world where a few guns and enough ammo for them become a 'stockpile' (the whole "what do you need that for?" mindset) or where right wing equals "fringe nut", but as some have pointed out here before, if we let that stuff paralyze us they win.

...a 'stockpile' (the whole "what do you need that for?" mindset) or where right wing equals "fringe nut"...
I think you mean "arsenal" and "doomsday prepper", respectively... :rolleyes:

"caucasian male" (I prefer "european-american") becomes "white supremacist" (although I don't see anything wrong with that! ;)), "illegal alien" becomes "undocumented immigrant", "looting and rioting" becomes "protesting", "patriot" becomes "terrorist", etc. etc. I'm beginning to get upset so that is enough for now! :mad:

You forgot that veterans are now "dangerous and unstable individuals" in Newspeak. ;) It's all so upsetting. But I'll have to use that "European-American" thing in the future - too funny!

Time to transition to short-wave radio...and all start "identifying as black", like that wacked out b*itch in Spokane.

I identify as free thinking American. Oops there I go getting myself added to another list. DOH!!

Time to transition to short-wave radio...and all start "identifying as black", like that wacked out b*itch in Spokane.
Noooo... stolen melanin syndrome! :D I actually have an online alter ego that's latino and another that's black because of forums I've been on where being white could've ID'd me too easily and also out of sheer deviousness. I should use them exclusively from now on: minority online personas would keep suspicious robots at bay. Tsk, tsk. What has this once great country come to?

Back