• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More pistol ammo showing up at Academy

Wrenches

.270 WIN
There's more selections between calipers but mostly MCs and FMJs. I picked up a 25rd box of Hornady 9mm Critical Duty 135gr FlexLocks. Interesting cartridge, looks well made and interesting on how it's made.

My 9mm has been loaded with Winchester 9mm PDX1 124 +Ps but it's been years I've had 'em. I'm sure they'll keep but I guess I want fresh ammo.

This brings up a question, how long do y'all keep your ammo and still trust 'em?

Hornady makes good ammo.

I wouldn't feel at all bad about carry ammo that's over ten years old as long as heat, humidity and vibration have been avoided. And if I took steps to ensure there is no bullet setback, or multiple (10x) chamberings that could deteriorate the primer compound. Heck, fifty-year old ammo is still 99.9% reliable if it's been kept stable.

That's what I was wondering. I'd unload the PDX1s to go to the range and load them back in after cleaning. I've done that many many times. As far as I can see there isn't any setbacks.

Back