• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg 464 rear sight

rg83

Copper BB
Hi guys, new mossberg 464 owner here from new zealand.I received my new 464 yesterday after buying online from a dealer here in new zealand.As i have nothing to compare it to i was wondering if other 464 owners could answer a question for me.The rear sight folds foward as you all know, but it has a heck of alot of movement, to the point that it wiggles up,down and side to side quite a bit.Is this normal? or is there something wrong with my one? :eek: .It seems to me with this amount of movement it could easily shift poi.I went ahead and ordered a skinner lo-pro sight for it anyhow but i may send it back to the dealer to be exchanged if this isnt normal,I also read that some of the earlier model 464 had extractor problems, this 464 is serial numbered in the low 3000's so it must have been sitting in the shop for years lol i hope this one is alright, thanks alot guys.

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy.

i don't own a 464,but i'm sure one of the 464 members will chime in shortly.

you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

rg83 said:
Hi guys, new mossberg 464 owner here from new zealand.I received my new 464 yesterday after buying online from a dealer here in new zealand.As i have nothing to compare it to i was wondering if other 464 owners could answer a question for me.The rear sight folds foward as you all know, but it has a heck of alot of movement, to the point that it wiggles up,down and side to side quite a bit.Is this normal? or is there something wrong with my one? :eek: .It seems to me with this amount of movement it could easily shift poi.I went ahead and ordered a skinner lo-pro sight for it anyhow but i may send it back to the dealer to be exchanged if this isnt normal,I also read that some of the earlier model 464 had extractor problems, this 464 is serial numbered in the low 3000's so it must have been sitting in the shop for years lol i hope this one is alright, thanks alot guys.
I have a 464 (SPX) but my rear sight sounds like nothing you've descibed. Mine is a sprung leaf that fits in the dovetail on the barrell, a set-screw an inch or so back from the dovetail adjusts the elevation. The notch also fits in a dovetal and can slide sideways and is locked by a set-screw. Did they change the sights? Sounds like they have...

If it's a new rifle and there's anything wrong, take it back...

Back