• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg 500 forend issues

dfresh2death

Copper BB
Hey guys, names Doug and I got a problem hoping someone would be able to help me with. So, i recently bought a mossberg 500 and it had the synthetic stock/forend. I bought a 7-5/8" action slide assembly. I bought this guy here (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT280-1.html#Reviews). tact stock fits fine as well as the forend BUT now when i try to put my barrel back on, the barrel can not go on the screw because of the forend and i am at a loss as to what could be wrong. I am definitely sure i was just supposed to buy the action tube assembly and the stock/forend combo said it was for the 500. If someone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Is it length or distance between the barrel and the fore-end? Remember the bolt has to be back to install the barrel and the action slide tube nut needs to be tight. If it is distance between the barrel and the fore-end you might have to shave a little off of the fore-end.

Sent with my modified D2G running TapTalk.

Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge 10+1, quick point limbsaver and spec-ops recoil reducing stock with tri-rail, laser, light and bipod.

Welcome to the forum! Wonder if you could take some pics of your setup. From what I understand of what your saying, the forend is pushing the barrel out from being able to screw the barrel down? Consider removing the new stuff, putting on the old stuff and compare the two to see whats going on.

dfresh2death said:
Hey guys, names Doug and I got a problem hoping someone would be able to help me with. So, i recently bought a mossberg 500 and it had the synthetic stock/forend. I bought a 7-5/8" action slide assembly. I bought this guy here (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT280-1.html#Reviews). tact stock fits fine as well as the forend BUT now when i try to put my barrel back on, the barrel can not go on the screw because of the forend and i am at a loss as to what could be wrong. I am definitely sure i was just supposed to buy the action tube assembly and the stock/forend combo said it was for the 500. If someone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to a thread that I posted last month about modding my Mossberg 500 Persuader. I installed a short action tube assembly and Hogue stock/forend combo without issues.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2755

Good luck,
YMMV,
boomer :cool:

Back