• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 535 Firing Trouble

ddunford3

Copper BB
This is the first year I've used my mossberg 535 for waterfowl because I've had the gun for less than a year. Anyway I'm having trouble with rounds firing and I know mossbergs usually shoot no matter how dirty there are. With that said I've cleaned the gun and I'm still having problems. The shells even have dented primers and I've changed ammo to see if that was the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Spring? Firing Pin?

Have you done a complete strip down and gunk removal from factory packing grease? How many rounds do you have through it before this started happening?

RyanMac said:
Have you done a complete strip down and gunk removal from factory packing grease? How many rounds do you have through it before this started happening?

^^^This. You may have packing grease in the firing pin channel causing it not to strike hard enough. Frequently this is caused due to the excessive amount of grease they put in them at the factory.

If you have cleaned it thoroughly, made sure you have it reassembled correctly and have tried different brands of ammo with the same result I would call Mossberg.

Back