1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Pump Action' started by farrellsm77, Mar 21, 2011.

1. No1Buck

No1Buck .410

2. 95jza80tt

95jza80tt .270 WIN

I've been trying to really look for something closer to what you wanted but the closest I could find was this. Not sure where you would want to mount something like that on a pump gun. They make sense as match savers on a semi-auto though.
    http://www.copquest.com/safariland-081-12-rivet-mount-shot-shell-holder_23-7056.htm

I also went back and tried to watch some of the magpul dynamic shotgun video to see it for myself and he has it mounted on a semi-auto remington 1100.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  3. 95jza80tt

95jza80tt .270 WIN

Just found this one too. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Shotshell-Holder-Belt-Clip-2-Rounds/productinfo/SGSSH-2/ I think this is also a safariland one. You could cut the flipped up belt loop end and drill a hole and buy some hardware to mount it. If that still doesn't fit what you want then your best course of action is to find a custom kydex holster guy and send him the images of the Remora speed shot-shell holder for reference to see if he could replicate it. It should be pretty simple, but take note it is not the same as what's used on the Rem semi-auto from the magpul dvd. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...kydex-remora-speed-pump-shotgun-shell-holder/

I know it is all down to personal preference but I think this would get in the way of your grip on the forend of the pump.
  4. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

$40 and "a little MacGyvering". That's kinda funny but I'm inclined to agree with you.
  5. MarkB1

MarkB1 .270 WIN

6. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

See if Aim (brand) has one for the Mossberg side saddle.

I recently got a 6 shell holder for my Remington 870. Well worth the $14 I spent on it at ebay. Aluminum base, steel screws that replace the trigger and hammer pins, and the actual shell holders is a thick plastic and fit the shells very tightly so you don't have to worry about them falling out

https://aimsportsinc.com/mossberg-500-590-six-shell-sidesaddle.html
  7. Gunhand

Gunhand .22LR

My new GGG AZ shell holder on my Shockwave! SideSaddle.JPG
    Pocchr likes this.
  8. Bri-Guy

Bri-Guy Copper BB

Please keep us updated if you notice any rubbing or wear marks from the Mesa. I am considering this or the GG&G but am looking for feedback to see how good their gaskets protect the receiver from getting all scratched up.

Looks great!
  9. seagiant

seagiant .22LR

Hi,
    I use the velcro, light, secure and removable in seconds!

Attached Files:

• aa2.JPG
      aa2.JPG
      File size:
      75.7 KB
      Views:
  10. Warhammer

Warhammer .410

Same here. I really like my Esstac shotgun cards.

[​IMG]
    John A. and fellmann like this.
  11. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

What stock is that ? Me wants it :)
    Warhammer likes this.
  12. Warhammer

Warhammer .410

It's an SBA4 pistol brace from SB Tactical and a Magpul MOE-K grip, mounted with a Tacstar pistol grip adapter.
    John A. and fellmann like this.
  13. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That's a nice looking scattergun. I like your style.
    Warhammer and fellmann like this.
  14. action1

action1 .22LR

Gonna be testing the SKD cards this weekend on the SBS
    John A. likes this.
  15. flintknapper

flintknapper .22LR

They stopped making the 4 shell holder and won't be making it again (according the person I talked to). Wish I could find another one. Seems the perfect size.
  16. Warhammer

Warhammer .410

This is a throwback to some posts in this thread from 2017...

I just ordered one of these Choate 2-shell holders from Midway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to see about mounting it on the Magpull MOE forend on my Shockwave. My biggest question is how well the rounds will stay put under recoil and racking the slide. For $11 including shipping, it's cheap enough to give it a try.
    meanstreak likes this.
  17. Fred245

Fred245 .410

TacStar (i think that's the brand name) makes a 6 shot shell holder. Uses the ejector screw (inside of the receiver and a new threaded bolt that goes through the trigger housing).

Very reasonable price ($30 tops if I recall correctly) and works very well. With this and the 8+1 capacity of the 20" 590a1, you're looking at 15 rounds...adds quite a bit of heft to the already hefty 590a1.

Attached Files:

18. Warhammer

Warhammer .410

I got the shell holder and I think it's going to work nicely. I like that there is a rubber o-ring on a screw between the two that allows you to adjust the tension. The open design makes it easier to strip the shells out of the holder than if the loops holding the shells were completely closed.

Just to get an initial idea, I mounted it through one of the M-Lok slots on the MOE forend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mounted like this, it's farther forward than I want it. I think I'll fab up a mounting bracket out of Kydex to position the shells closer to the loading port when the slide is back. I have some M-Lok screws and cam-nuts to mount the bracket.

I'm also going to remove the AFG. It blocks my support hand from easily reaching underneath to strip a shell and drop it in the loading port.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020