Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Discussion in 'Mossberg 930 Autoloader' started by Rossignol, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Pawpaw

Pawpaw 20g Supporter

2. 930SPXBoomStick

930SPXBoomStick Copper BB

@Pawpaw

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!
  3. William Sanders

William Sanders Copper BB

I will 2nd the review:
    Do NOT waste money on Boyd's stocks. The fit was atrocious for any dollar amount. The stock doesn't match the receiver, the screw holes for the butt plate don't match so you can't use factory recoil pad. The hole in rear of stock to bolt it on isn't big enough to get a socket on. It must be reamed out. Fore grip has poor fit.
    Lastly, if it's not veneer, it sure looks like it.
    Shold have just bought the real deal from mossberg.
  4. Lefty9

Lefty9 .223

Glad I'm not the only one
  5. 930SPXBoomStick

930SPXBoomStick Copper BB

6. tcecil88

tcecil88 .308

I finally found a Mesa Urbino that was at a good price. Planning on shooting it tomorrow to finish sighting in the Bushnell TRS-25. I want to snap a pic to post, but Photobucket isn't free anymore. Any thoughts on posting pics for free?
    Blaster likes this.
  7. Blaster

Blaster .22LR

tcecil88 would like to know how well it cycles ,with that Urbino stock. I may be looking for one soon. Just a little nervous about changing out my recoil spring because there's nothing wrong with the one that comes with my 930 JM pro. Right now I just have a mk5 Choate pistol grip stock and works fine.
  8. tcecil88

tcecil88 .308

I put 15 Federal Tru-Ball Slugs through it the other day and had 0 issues. Felt recoil might be a smidge more but it was not uncomfortable. Cycling was smooth, but it was a full power load. I don't run alot of birdshot through it, even though I installed OR3GUN's Multi-Use combo for a little extra reliability. I want to get some stands for clay pigeons and do some training, which would be alot cheaper with birdshot than slugs.
    Learning to use my trigger finger to manipulate the safety has been the hardest part so far.
    Blaster likes this.