• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg cruiser modifications

Rockwilda1089

Copper BB
I recently won a cruiser at an NRA fundraiser and am looking into modding it. I already have a 500 and 930 for hunting so I want to have some fun switching up the cruiser. Does anyone have any recommendations on brands for forends, folding stocks and front grips for mossbergs? I went to magpul site but only saw 590 on there. First time modding a shotgun and I don't want some cheap crap that will fall off every 5 rounds.

welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. you get a chance post some pics of your Mossy's.

Take a look in the vendors section. There are some great companies that belong here. :)

Try shooting it, as is, before making any purchases. The pistol grip, that originally comes with it, is hard plastic. It beats the heck out of your wrist. If you'd like to keep it pistol grip only, I highly recommend the ATI Talon: http://www.atigunstocks.com/maverick-ta ... -grip.html
It really softens up the hit to your wrist. Other than that, the sky is the limit. Personally, I'm impressed with ATI quality. Take care. Tom Worthington

Thanks, I shot it about 10 times today and my wrist was killing me. I've always wanted a cruiser with the chainsaw grip but knew it was a waste of money, I'd get bored with not being able to aim after a few days. Now that I won the gun on a $20 ticket I think I need to do it for the hell of it. :/

Having a new Mossberg is always fun. As was said above, shoot it for a bit to get used to it and then
make your improvements according to need and yeah, it's always fun to get new gun parts. You will
no doubt find the Action Control Release to be a bear to get to with a pistol grip only set. Shoten Armory
can set you up with an Extended Slide Release Lever to cure all of that and we also port the barrel for
you to greatly reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip which is always a mother with a PGO short barrelled
shotgun using even medium loads. www.shotenarmory.com

I maintain three different M500A receivers at the office for conversions and product development. We are
also dealers for 3T Tactical. 3T Tactical and a new company who develops very serious gungrips. I would
agree with all of the above that the ATI Scorpion setup is tremendous and a great deal for the money. The
pistol grip is padded in the rear. The Scorpion System absorbs recoil tremendously and together with the barrel
porting you will have a powerhouse with a helluva lot of shooting enjoyment! ATI also has top grade professional
packaging. Adam in Tech Support is great. MidwayUSA has good prices on ATI products. Have fun with your
new shotgun!! That is extremely cool that you won one!!!

Back