• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Patriot 375 Ruger got me started.

Shawn.54

I have had my Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger less than a year and it got me started now I have the big bore bug.
So as I looked around my shop I remembered a Mauser 98 action I picked up 18 or so years ago.
For starters I thought 416 Ruger but I left some people on another forum talk me into a 404 Jeffery a lot more work but doable.IMG_0646.JPGIMG_0691.JPG

First thing was to make magazine bigger to accept 3 404J cartridges this is standard which I cut off.IMG_0693.JPG
Then thin the back wall to make room for 404J length.
IMG_0692.JPG
Then new longer box to weld in place.IMG_0694.JPG
Then the fun begins grinding feed ramp and rails to feed the longer fatter 404J cartridge and I must say it took less grinding than I thought to get it feeding well. I also had to open bolt face to accept larger dia. cartridge and also extracter claw. I have a video that I can't get to load sorry. I'm now waiting on my Boyd's stock and Pac-Nor barrel.
The stock is in transit barrel is at least 4-6 weeks out.
Sorry this is so long but it's been a long project. Much more to share when I find the time Shawn

Back