• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MOSSBERG sent me the wrong barrel

SHTFAR15

Need some feedback, Mossberg was suppose to send me a 24" turkey barrel, but instead I received a 28" mod. barrel, should I get it exchanged, or keep it?

I will be using this for turkey hunting this spring...

You'll appreciate the four-inch shorter barrel in turkey country. Does it come with a turkey choke also? What about specialized sights on the turkey version?

If it was me I would have them exchange it if for the correct length alone.

Somebody else got your 24" turkey barrel and is going "WTH? Should I keep it?" ;)

I've killed a few turkeys with a 28" barrel. The shorter barrel is really only useful when hunting in tight places , heavily wooded areas, etc. It does not really offer any other advantage.

That said, they sent the wrong part and they should make it right if you are unhappy with it. If you are OK with it then it's all good.

Even if you decide you want to keep it I would let them know what happened, just so they know mistakes are happening.

nitesite said:
You'll appreciate the four-inch shorter barrel in turkey country. Does it come with a turkey choke also? What about specialized sights on the turkey version?

If it was me I would have them exchange it if for the correct length alone.

I just opened the box last night, and turkey season is upon us...I'll call tomorrow and see if they acan do anything for me.

MikeD said:
I've killed a few turkeys with a 28" barrel. The shorter barrel is really only useful when hunting in tight places , heavily wooded areas, etc. It does not really offer any other advantage.

That said, they sent the wrong part and they should make it right if you are unhappy with it. If you are OK with it then it's all good.

Even if you decide you want to keep it I would let them know what happened, just so they know mistakes are happening.

I've heard the length of the barrel doesn't matter as much as the choke. It's the accu-choke? barrel, and It currently has a modified choke in it, I can replace that with a full or x full and be good I think, vs. waiting for a new barrel and possibly missing turkey season...

I guess that was (at least partially) my point. You have a barrel with the wrong choke tube in it, if the 24" turkey vesion has the correct choke tube included and not a MODIFIED. That alone is an expense you are not supposed to bear. And the extra 4-inches on a 28" largly wouldn't matter unless you have to swing it under an overhanging bit of cover to lay sights on one and you rattle something and spook the tom. Just carrying it around it would matter little.

I have a spare Mossberg turkey choke I could send you to use while you are waiting for Mossberg to send you the correct barrel if you would like. Whenever your done with it you could just send it back over so I can lend it out in the future to someone else.

SHTFAR15 said:
It's the accu-choke? barrel, and It currently has a modified choke in it, I can replace that with a full or x full and be good I think, vs. waiting for a new barrel and possibly missing turkey season...

Get an X Full choke and go get that Turkey!
No sense in missing Spring Season

DHonovich said:
I have a spare Mossberg turkey choke I could send you to use while you are waiting for Mossberg to send you the correct barrel if you would like. Whenever your done with it you could just send it back over so I can lend it out in the future to someone else.
Thats a good guy right there, willing to help out! I've not seen that anywhere but here on this forum. I myself have been offered the same kinda help with a gun issue.
All I can say is "Super, Super great people on this forum!!" and thanks guys for making it that way!!

Back