• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 715T and the family

BowerR64

.270 WIN
This is my third low cost firearm. The hipoint C9 was my first, then the jimenez JA-22, then the mossberg 715T. So far the mossberg is the higher priced of the 3

I think i gave $201. out the door for the hi-point, $130. out the door for the JA-22, $250. out the door for the 715T

They all shoot great i like em all.

Cheapguncollection_zps1e6e57ec.jpg

kyhellbilly said:
I have the C9 too.. It shoots well..

I put a rail on mine and mounted a rail mount lazer to it. Painted it with textured sand looking paint from walmart and a hogue grip. I also polished the barrel, the extraction port and feed ramp. Oh and i put one of those joey polished triggers on it also. Its been a fun gun

Hoguesleve.jpg

I have a Jennings J-22 which is the older manufacturer's version of your Jimenez JA-22. Neat little gun, great for pocket carry.

KDF-TX said:
I have a Jennings J-22 which is the older manufacturer's version of your Jimenez JA-22. Neat little gun, great for pocket carry.

Is it your CC gun? what ammo do you use?

I bought some tools to recrown the barrel so i put a target barrel crown on mine.

Top is stock, bottom is the recrown.
JA-22crown_zps9ad16524.jpg

Going to take it up tomorrow to test it out. :mrgreen:

BowerR64 said:
KDF-TX said:

I usually carry my Kahr CW9, but depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing.
CCI Mini-Mags work great; that's what I have for my 715T. Any round-nose works, but it does not like flat-nose or hollow points at all.
I don't remember what I broke it in with 'cause that was back in early 1980s. I remember it was very tempermental for quite awhile.
I know Jimenez bought out Jennings. How old is yours? Do they still sell them new?

Attachments

• SN-287940-1.JPG
    SN-287940-1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 154
KDF-TX said:
BowerR64 said:
KDF-TX said:

I usually carry my Kahr CW9, but depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing.
CCI Mini-Mags work great; that's what I have for my 715T. Any round-nose works, but it does not like flat-nose or hollow points at all.
I don't remember what I broke it in with 'cause that was back in early 1980s. I remember it was very tempermental for quite awhile.
I know Jimenez bought out Jennings. How old is yours? Do they still sell them new?

Yeah they still make them i got mine about 4 months ago or so. You can still get parts for them and i think my parts will fit yours. It looks pretty much the same sept the grips, maybe the safty part is different. They have parts on gunbroker and e-bay pretty often. Slides, barrels, springs, grips. They even have some after marlet grips with color and stuff for it also.

I like mine but you have to watch how you hold it or it will bite you. I cut off the back of my slide to remove that sharp point but it can still catch your thumb webbing and jam it up if your not paying attention.

jimenezJA-22_zps5cd2c33b.jpg

I picked up this nifty CD case from walmart i keep mine in. One mag in the shoot and 3 extras. I have 4 total. Mine seems to like HV rounds also, it will shoot SV rounds but HV its more reliable as is most .22s.

Back