• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My ammo box is full

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
I'm going to stop buying ammo - at least for a while. Went by my LGS this morning, and the shelves were sagging from the weight of ammo on them, and the overflow was blocking the aisles. Picked up enough .22 & shotgun shells to fill up the vacant space in my ammo box. Prices were reasonable, but not even close to what it used to be. I figure it's kinda like gas. I doubt we'll ever see prices again like they were 10 years ago, so might as well get used to it.

It's been so long since I've seen a .22 round that I'm not sure I would know it if I saw it any more.

I've not been scouring the stores but I have yet to see any anywhere I have been.

Yep. Box. Posted this once way back. Holds a little under 1 cuft. 50lbs or so full. Enough for me. :)

newammoboxlid.jpg~original

nice lookin ammo box. i use cans. different can for each caliber. all marked so i can just grab an go. depending on my mood

nice lookin ammo box. i use cans. different can for each caliber. all marked so i can just grab an go. depending on my mood

I'd do the same if I had to go to a range to shoot. But I don't, so figured why spend the money on cans. Might build another box tho if ammo prices come down. ;)

Finding .22LR is like finding a leprechaun that gives you his pot of gold.

Thanks, Gunny. maybe the rest of us can find some ammo now that you'd stopped buying it...LOL.

There is one rural gun shop in the region (a good drive for me) that has a constant stock of 22. It starts at .10 a round and goes up. They sell slowly and never run out. I suppose that's a business plan. Hmpf.

I'm still picking away at my 'old' supply...

You know its funny, ever since .22's been scarce I've had to feel about about my box full (I think I'm around 4k of .22 right now) cause guys are litterely bum rushing for a few 50 round boxes. I bet you two years ago there would have been quite a few people with several 50 cal cans full of LR. Oh the times. Now I have to worry about saving up enough to last through teaching my kids:eek:

I've completely stopped buying and/or shooting .22LR. I have given (not sold) some of it to my neighbors. I do shoot my other stuff. I'll buy a little bit of the "other stuff", now and then, but not much of it. I feel I have enough. Take care. Tom Worthington

i still havent bought any, its available at the service counter at the local rural king. and i have a couple hundred rounds left. untill its available on the shelf i wont bother buying any. but i also had to give my favorite .22 back to my pops. so i dont have one to shoot at the moment.

Yeah , I used to be able to find enough on the floor of my truck to shoot for an hour at any given time lol......

But I have traded , recently I traded a guy 1 brick for a pound of IMR 3031 ......never thought I would do that, I at least peeled the $8 sticker off of it.

Yeah , I used to be able to find enough on the floor of my truck to shoot for an hour at any given time lol......

But I have traded , recently I traded a guy 1 brick for a pound of IMR 3031 ......never thought I would do that, I at least peeled the $8 sticker off of it.

LOL :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Back