• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My lil brother is headed for the sandbox...

JJC

My 21yr old brother serves in the Ohio National Guard as a Helo Electrician. Apparently there aren't enough of those in Afghanistan, so he's got a 1yr. tour scheduled in a couple months.

He's actually excited about it and it looks like he'll get alot of airtime in the Chinooks. The part that sucks is I'll be down a Best Man for my wedding next July.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying him a Magpul DVD or two. Probably the first of the Carbine series and maybe the Aerial Platform set as well. Think they would be beneficial? Any other suggestions?

JJC said:
My 21yr old brother serves in the Ohio National Guard as a Helo Electrician. Apparently there aren't enough of those in Afghanistan, so he's got a 1yr. tour scheduled in a couple months.

He's actually excited about it and it looks like he'll get alot of airtime in the Chinooks. The part that sucks is I'll be down a Best Man for my wedding next July.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying him a Magpul DVD or two. Probably the first of the Carbine series and maybe the Aerial Platform set as well. Think they would be beneficial? Any other suggestions?
dont think the millitary is giving him all he needs to know ?

Good luck to him. My line of work attracts a lot of military folks. I am constantly back filling positions as they have to go in and out of service for me and back to combat. I hope your brother has a good employer that has his back because when they come back is when they really need help getting back to the swing of life.I always have their job waiting for them when they get back. I have housed some until they build up enough money fighting fire to get a place. Sucks for them because I can keep tabs on them and make sure they are on the right track :lol: Just let two go, one Air Force and the other got called off reserve for the Army to go drive tanks again, I worry about the latter as he is not happy at all about it…….come back safe LB!

oli700 said:
dont think the millitary is giving him all he needs to know ?

... I hope your brother has a good employer that has his back because when they come back is when they really need help getting back to the swing of life...

You can't know too much, right? Those DVD's and, when put in perspective, even the classes are cheap if they can increase his chances of success in such a situation. Can you really put a price on skills that can save your life?

He's a FT student studying aviation electronics. The guard his paying his way. He loves serving and working on the Chinooks and Kiawas in his unit.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I'll be sure to pass them along.

Rossignol said:
Send our thoughts, prayers, and thanks! Where in Ohio?

His unit is at the Akron-Canton airport. He lives in Kent.

Back