• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Mag Problem is Solved

I have both the 10rd and the 25rd mags, I have never been able to load them, even with the fixes used by others here on the forum.
Frustrated, I again took them apart, trimmed, polished, just going over them with a magnifying glass. Put back together, same thing.
I was thinking about it last night, when a thought came to me, measure the round length. That was it, I measured 6 different rounds, 10 of each. UREKA!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are the measurements:

CCI Blazer----------------------------.990"--.995"
CCI Standard-------------------------.991"---.993"
Aguils Standard----------------------.970"---.975"
Gamemaster-------------------------.971"---.973"
Federal Bulk HP---------------------..971"---.974"
Remington HP------------------------.961"---.963"

The ammo I had been using was the Blazer, it was too long for the magazines, and was binding them up.

All the ammo loads perfectly, except the CCI. I can load the 25 rounder without the aid if the loader, with no binding at all.

If yours is loading hard, measure the ammo, it just might solve your problem. :D

CCI works in all my other guns, Mossberg must run a tighter tolerence on their mags. At least my mags.

avery

Whew, what a big relief that you've got it fixed for your rifle. Good post.

Ya know thats what ive been using in mine also. I think i shot some federal in it also but i didnt try and load it full with the federal.

I did notice that sometimes when i loaded the blazer i had a few that didnt feel like they were pushed back all the way and the point was rubbing the front of the mag. I figured it was the rim of the round

Back