• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Needed: Wall mounted security & quick access for 930 SPX

Deadeyes

Copper BB
Hello

I’m tired of hanging my 930 spx and Beretta carbine off the corners of my bed or my PC desk, by their slings, or beneath the bed, by the night stand, etc.

So I’m asking for ideas here on securing my 930 SPX and a Beretta CX4, individually, to the wall. Somehow.

I figure the solution for the 930 spx will work for another long gun…. Hopefully.

Not specifically inside a box or safe… rather, on a wall by hooks or the like.

Having no kids around and but a few friends who have small children, planting these two weapons up high onto walls, or adjacent longitudinally beside a doorway, and exposed but secured, seems an OK choice for my circumstances, but a box might do too.

I was thinking hooks with some sort of fire prevention scheme about the receiver (s) .

Any ideas here on keyless security, or even keyed security? Something which will work QUICKLY without a need of AC or DC power supply appears to me a good way to go IMO.

Regardless, I’m open to any ideas.

This ‘whatever’ remedy should keep hands other than mine from either discharging them or stealing them easily and one which can be installed without the need for a contractor.

Cost too, is a consideration.

If no one here has done this plese, reply with your own solution (s).

Many thanks.

Have you considered a portable alarm such as something like these? I know it wouldn't prevent theft if you weren't home, but then not much will except a safe. http://www.dimango.com/sa-portable-alarms.htm There's a bunch of different ones available at most home improvement stores, many with push button keychain remotes.

This is my setup. I have similar living conditions.

Wal-Mart Hardware section. A garden tool wall mount.
...problem solved.

Lock
IMG_1805.jpg

Loop it through the wall screw and reciever
PB300157.jpg

And have the wall mount to support it.
60CD4454-B397-4040-993C-72F9BE61E5BF-586-000000699C17DC36.jpg

2E7713FD-E98E-49F7-B7A8-CF1F2C902598-586-0000006997CBA9CF.jpg

The OP reminded me of something I've been meaning to try but have never got around to. I have a couple Hercules guitar stands that have a nifty mechanism that kind of grabs onto the instrument when you set it in the stand. Mine are the model that sit on the floor but they also make a wall mounted model. I thought it would be great to mount one to the wall to have my HD shotgun at the ready instead of sitting in the closet, leaning it in a corner, or having it under the bed as you mentioned. While this solution is optimal for the quick access part of the formula, it unfortunately falls way short of the security aspect. Perhaps with a little creativity it could be improved upon. I thought the idea was worth sharing anyway as these hangers are fairly inexpensive.

The Hercules website has 10 different hanging models that allow for different mounting options as well as accommodating different widths of guitar necks. As you can see in the pics below, the only option I had with my stand and my 500 was to hang it from the narrowest part of the stock.

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/hangers.html

Here's the basic wall mounted Hercules Hanger and a short video showing how the mechanism works.

hercules_gsp38WB.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZxR6h307oY[/youtube]

Here are a couple pictures of my Mossberg 500 hanging from my Hercules floor stand.

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

Kadelic said:
The OP reminded me of something I've been meaning to try but have never got around to. I have a couple Hercules guitar stands that have a nifty mechanism that kind of grabs onto the instrument when you set it in the stand. Mine are the model that sit on the floor but they also make a wall mounted model. I thought it would be great to mount one to the wall to have my HD shotgun at the ready instead of sitting in the closet, leaning it in a corner, or having it under the bed as you mentioned. While this solution is optimal for the quick access part of the formula, it unfortunately falls way short of the security aspect. Perhaps with a little creativity it could be improved upon. I thought the idea was worth sharing anyway as these hangers are fairly inexpensive.

The Hercules website has 10 different hanging models that allow for different mounting options as well as accommodating different widths of guitar necks. As you can see in the pics below, the only option I had with my stand and my 500 was to hang it from the narrowest part of the stock.

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/hangers.html

Here's the basic wall mounted Hercules Hanger and a short video showing how the mechanism works.

hercules_gsp38WB.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZxR6h307oY[/youtube]

Here are a couple pictures of my Mossberg 500 hanging from my Hercules floor stand.

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

I wanted to mount my Guitars and Bass's going up my stairs on the wall and bought a bunch of those U-Shaped screw mounts, mounted them on stud boards and used those rubber straps that the floor stands use to keep the guitars from falling forward.

Worked like a charm.

Back