• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Blackwater 590...plus question

Super j

Copper BB
Good Day,

I have been reading thru threads on this forum for a few weeks and I thank you all for the info shared. I just picked up my first ever pump shotgun, a 590 blackwater edition. I really like it. I am not too sure how I feel about the stock length as it does not feel all the natural when I acquire the sight picture. Not sure if it means that the stock is too long??

Question for you all. The safety seems a little stiff to move from safe to fire...is this normal on a new gun? Does it need to break in a bit??

Anyway, now to find a light to mount on the left side off the rail and to see about getting a side saddle.

All the best

Congrats on the new 590 Sir!

The safeties can be a little stiff at first. Give it some time and it should loosen up a bit. If you feel like the stock is a little too long you might check out the Hogue 12" LOP...

Mossberg 500 OverMolded Shotgun Stock - 12" L.O.P.

I've got one on my 590a1 and it fits a LOT better than the factory stock. Being able to better tuck the weapon into the pocket helps mitigate recoil too...

You might want to look at the ATI Akita also as you can adjust the LOP. I am looking at this for my new 590SP.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Congrats on the new 590 Sir!

The safeties can be a little stiff at first. Give it some time and it should loosen up a bit. If you feel like the stock is a little too long you might check out the Hogue 12" LOP...

Mossberg 500 OverMolded Shotgun Stock - 12" L.O.P.

I've got one on my 590a1 and it fits a LOT better than the factory stock. Being able to better tuck the weapon into the pocket helps mitigate recoil too...

I agree 100% with this. Great advice

I bought a new Mossberg 590 A1 Black Water a few months ago. I really like it. If you ever decide to remove the front sight, you will need to know, at the front of the front sight base there is an Allen head screw that keeps pressure on the front sight. Loosen this screw first before you remove the front sight. Just a little helpful reminder.

Back