1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

New guy from Indiana

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Paul LaFranco, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:59 AM.

1. Paul LaFranco

Paul LaFranco Copper BB

Hi all.
    Well I’m new to this forum, but I’m not new to the shooting sports, since I got out of the Army in 1972 I’ve been shooting and reloading. For 25 yrs I’ve been shooting long range precision rifle, out to 1000 yards, I also shoot my 1911’s on a regular basis. And about two yrs ago I developed a love for cowboy guns, i have a few acres in a very rural part of central Indiana, and every evening I like to shoot steel plates with the cowboy guns. In 1997 or 98 I bought a Mossberg 590, it’s a cool shotgun, it has the heat shield, a bayonet lug, and the speed feed stock, and holds 8+1. Until recently I never had a real interest in shotguns, but I think it’s a good idea for me to get pretty well versed in the shooting and operation of my 590, and with a few acres to play with it on, it will be all the easier. I’ve done a little bird hunting, but after I lost my dog to cancer many yrs ago I just never had it in me to hunt any more, the only other practical experience I’ve had is in the service, when it was my turn to walk point, I was handed a Remy 870, and it served me well. So I hope to learn some tips and tricks on this forum.
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum from Florida.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Welcome! Sounds pretty interesting, I'm also in Indiana, Hancock county. Looking forward to seeing more posts, and pictures .

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

5. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

6. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for serving.