• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy from NE Florida

FC2KING

Copper BB
I've had my Mossberg 590A1 SPX for a few months now, but just found the forum this weekend. Finally got my first chance to shoot it today, but it was at a skeet and trap club and I could only use light loads. It was fun but I wanted to try some of the more serious ammo I bought. I'm using Winchester Supreme Elite 2 3/4" for home defense. It seems like it'll get the job done with a 1 oz. rifled slug and (3) 00 buck pellets. Anyway, I look forward to joining the discussions here.

congrats on the 590! welcome to the club. of course you know we are going to need some pics of that beaut. there's a relaxed atmosphere here, i'm sure you will enjoy. let us know how you like it. and have fun shootin!

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have nice taste in shotguns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Do you have the 18.5 or 20 version of the 590A1?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners forum FC2KING !!

( looks like you been to Naval Station Great Lakes ) ;)

When you find the time, post some pics of the 590a1 SPX.

Nice gun man, Glad to have you on the MO!!!

When youre able stop by the 590 subforum and check out our 590/590A1 photo thread, get some pics up and we'll see you around!

There's a pic of it...I threw in my handgun and Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe IWB holster for the hell of it :D I ordered a heat shield and 5-round holder that attaches to the stock today....but after looking around I may have to get another heat shield, I ordered the Mossberg factory one, but I think I saw somewhere on here that it can scratch the finish and Aimpro's is the one I should have gotten. Can anyone verify this b/c I can't find the post I read that in...

Attachments

• 2011-07-18 20.42.07.jpg
    2011-07-18 20.42.07.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 264
On the heatshield, I think its in the 590 section. Some heatshields wont fit the 590A1 heavy barrel, AIMPRO makes one that will, and there may be a couple others.

I imagine any heat shield has the potential to scratch the finish. Scratches... character lines, whatever. ;)

Hi, just got here myself, from Beverly Hills FL. Have a 590 I just get the other day. Love it.
Retired Navy.

Back