• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy from Virginia

andrewclark

Copper BB
Hello Mossberg owners,

I have had a Mossberg 500 12 gauge for a while but just bought a 464 Lever action 30-30 so I thought I'd join the forum and try to get some help since I'm new to levers.

One tidbit I like to share about my 500 is that it's a pre-1968 gun with no serial and has a fancy scalloping design on the bolt assembly that a Mossberg historian told me is called jeweled or damascened. I don't know the exact year it was made, but she said they only made those bolts from '64-'70 and since mine is a pre-'68 that narrows it down at least. Also, unlike the newer 500s this has only one rail on the pump, but it works great.

Here is a view of the fancy bolt assembly:
MyMossberg500FancyBoltAssemblySmall.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Happy posting,
Andrew

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum andrewclark !!

Congrats on the new 464 lever action...and that is a fancy pattern on the bolt assembly.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own the varius sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Feel free to post up any and all questions that you may have about your Mossberg 464 lever action. Thanks for sharing pictures of your sweet Mossberg 500, do you have any more pictures?

Wow! I love that bolt, and is that the shell lifter too?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners! We've had a few new members with the 464 lever action, so ther should be some new conversations goin!!!

Hello from a fellow 464 owner...
There does not seam to be many of us.....

Welcome and enjoy.

Lateck,

Back