• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy reporting in from Texas...

Own a 590A1 model # 51663, plus other assorted lead-launchers. Looks like a cool forum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I lived in College Station for a year and love it. Glad you like the forum!

Welcome aboard!

I'm a Texas boy myself. We're gald to see you join up. You've got great taste in shotguns! I've got a model 51663 on order and it should arrive next week. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own. Stop in and visit all the various sub-forums and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

looks are just a part of the awesomeness that you will be subjected to. ha! thanx for stoping by and signing up. we welcome any and all your topics and questions or comments. let us know how you like it later on after you have been around the site.

the 590 is a great "lead-launcher". ( i like that saying) :lol:
post up some pics when you have time so we all may drool over it. :p

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners forum BrazosCoTX !!

Post a picture of your Mossy boomstick when ya get a chance... :cool:

Thanks for the welcome. A few additional things:

1. A few years ago, almost bought the shorter 590A1, but instead bought a Remington 870 Express HD instead. Had buyer's remorse within 24 hours, over the quality or lack thereof (not a reflection of all 870s, just of that Express model), and eventually traded that shotgun on a handgun. Last year, couldn't overcome the urge to purchase another shotgun, and went back to the 590A1 line. Settled on the 51663 model, because I liked the larger capacity magazine, the heavy barrel, the location of the safety (I'm a southpaw), metal trigger guard, and the mil-spec validation.

2. Wish the stock was a little shorter on my 590A1, but am resisting going to an AR type telescopic stock because I really don't like a pistol grip on my shotgun, especially when firing from the shoulder.

3. Need a sling. Looking for recommendations.

4. Also need a bag, and am looking at the one in the Mossberg catalog. Only around $20. Anybody give me a review?

5. Bought some of the mil-surplus gray-hull 00 buck from Cabelas. Anybody here got a review on those shells?

Dude, we need to talk! We can def answer your questions in a hurry!

If youre able, give me a call;
937 625 4074

The gray hull I'm guessing to be the Ranger ammo? I sometimes use the Ranger low recoil slugs.

Bags, lots of options, dont know much about the one from Mossberg. Experience tells me you get what you pay for. That said, some lookin around can lead you some sweet deals. I have some info there too.

Sling? What will it be used for?

Stock? Need a shorter LOP but want to retain traditional stock characteristics especially helpful when accessing the Moosy's ambi safety. The answer is HOGUE!!! Depending on your height, either the 12" or 13" LOP. Another MO member just got one from either Midway or Cheaper Than Dirt for $50. If you want the 13" LOP, I'd give AIMPRO a call.

I have more info, more than I can type, so feel free to call! I'm Brad btw! ;)

Welcome to the site and a Big Texas Howdy from another Texian off Hwy 281 north of San Antonio.
I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. I am not new to guns, but new to the current more modern shotguns and the site has certainly helped speed up the learning curve on these tools.
I won't offer an opinion on your accessories, but will say I am talking to Rossignol about a leather 2-point sling for my 590A1 #51668.

Back