• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Walmart 5-shot Tactical

Oh, and BRL I am not at all impressed with that barrel clamp that came on the Choate tube. It does not instill confidence. It's just a metal stamping. I am going to shoot it first and give it a chance but I may add another clamp in the future.

PaddyG said:
...Man, I bet that does leave a mark on your shoulder when you shoot it! :eek:

Yep, last summer when I decided to shoot a lot of 00 Buck & slugs while wearing a T-shirt, I even had nifty little Phillips head screw tattoos to go along with the lines I filed into the buttplate.

BIG FUN! :lol:

I've been reading into the archives and it would seem that more than a few folks have experienced problems with magazine extensions and slipping clamps so I'll just hold off on getting one for now.

Thanks for your assessment of that Choate +2 tube & clamp.

I also noticed that the spring end inside the gas block was scratching the bottom of my magazine tube like a lot of them, so I stuck a piece of wet-dry sandpaper in there and attempted to dull it down somewhat...kinda helped, but removing that nut (good luck with that :roll:) to get to that spring end would have been preferable.

Sanding that scratch on the mag tube helped a little too.

I do like these shotguns though. :cool:

I got my 930 at Wallyworld back in November 2013, installed a choate +2 then returned it because of feeding issues. After doing some research other 930 owners who tried the same thing just put the factory spring and follower back in the gun and it worked fine...

Back