• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newguy from Cleveland,Ohio

posttal

Copper BB
G'morning guys,
Just purchased my first shotgun over the weekend..a Mossberg 835 ulti-mag turkey camo..although i don't know why as I'm never going to go turkey hunting.but I got a good deal on it and hopefully can turn this into a nice multi purpose HD and deer gun by changing out the barrel.I'm in Cleveland Ohio but my family has 90 acres in southern Ohio and deer hunt..and yes there are even turkeys so I'll keep the turkey barrel just in case i ever get the urge or the invite to turkey shoot.In a nut shell I'm a middle aged postal worker..fleet mechanic not a carrier.. with few handguns and a tacticle riffle but never owned a shotgun..I was told Mossberg is a great gun for the money..so here I am
Heres a pic of my first shotgun..If i'm posting this correct that is........

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 133
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome fro MI!! I also like that camo pattern.

howdy posttal and welcome to the club! i own an 835 as well! :D , so if you have questions about it..let em rip. here's a section just for us! :cool:
viewforum.php?f=15

thanx for checking us out! and i look forward to seeing more of ya here....

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new 835!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pic of your 835. Feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossbergs around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thanks guys..and yes I do have questions.Hopefully I can get some straight answers because at the moment i'm thinking of selling this after only having it 5 days ..i think maybe i bought the wrong gu for what i want to use it as.But live and learn.....

bah...you can add to it and use all sorts of different stuff with it. change out barrels add a scope. different stock....the 835's are a great gun to mod...like a base model. you can add a slug barrel on it for deer. a short barrel for HD. a long barrel for bird....i'm rambling now...sorry. :oops:

i'll let ya ask what you need and we can figure it out and offer some good solid suggestions for you....

Hey Posttal!!!

I'm in Ohio too, near cincy sorta... What part of southern Ohio do you have family? Anywhere close?

I've been lookin at an 835 that looks just like that, used at my LGS! Its one that I want someday!!!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Posttal!

Back