• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newly Discovered ‘Nightmare’ Cyber Weapon Causing Blackouts

I just tossed out a big box of 5.25" floppies. They've been sitting locked up in my utility trailer for about 15 years. Also found a practical peripherals 33.6 modem in really great shape.

BUT... back on topic...yeah something needs to be done about this problem re hackers and security. The technology has been available for a long time to have one button restore Solutions for personal computers but so far I haven't seen it. The Windows restore routines are woefully inadequate for certain situations where the system has been compromised in its ability to find what it needs. I don't know what the heck Mac is doing these days. I haven't touched an Apple/Macintosh computer since the 12" console days.

I just tossed out a big box of 5.25" floppies. They've been sitting locked up in my utility trailer for about 15 years. Also found a practical peripherals 33.6 modem in really great shape.

Culled all my 5.25"s the end of the last century. All but a handful of 3.5"s went byebye last decade. Culled a bunch of programs on CDs and CD-Rs the beginning of this decade. Still might have some Zip100s kicking around--I have a drive in the shop computer in the slot but not plugged in. :rolleyes:

Got rid of most of the older hardware last decade. I think I still have an external 2x CD-RW drive--makes me sad thinking how much that cost... Also have a dual 5.25/3.5 floppy drive "just in case"... :rolleyes: If only I could get paid back for all the computer HW and SW I purchased and didn't make use of to justify the $ spent, then it soon became obsolete. :( Think I saw a Jaz drive in the Goodwill recently...

I did see a video of a guy converting a dead (bad sectors) hard drive into a sander by sticking a sanding disk onto one of the platters.

Along with that batch of floppies I found a factory refurbished 5.25 inch floppy disk drive along with a spare belt. It's a full-height Bay Drive.
I have a PS2 Model 50 in the garage with a half-height drive but its external on a heavy-duty rubberized ribbon cable. I still have a PC-AT which originally came with 64K Ram and which my dad upgraded to 640K of RAM. I have the tubes full of old chips that he switched out on the motherboard as well, in case anybody needs 64k for a PC-AT.

Back