• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Night sights for 24" rifled slug barrel

HogMoss

.22LR
I have a 20" Mossberg 500 8 shot (Persuader I believe). I used this Mossy for HD previously but have decided to turn it into a hunter. This also gives me an excuse to buy a 590 for HD. Ha ha ha!

I plan on purchasing a 24" slug barrel with rifled sights.

I will be hog hunting at night for the first time.

I already have a Wicked A48 green light but I'm interested in some sights that I"ll be able to see at night.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome and for responding.

That's the problem. I'm not sure what the rifle sights look like either. It appears that these barrels are only available online.

Without knowing, my best option may be purchasing a fully rifled barrel with a front bead and simply replace the bead with something similar to the Ameriglo. However, I have not been able to find such an offering. I will keep searching.

I'm also questioning if I need a rifled barrel at all. Obviously, I will not be using a scope. We will be spot and stalking as well as shooting from a blind near feeders. I imagine most shots will be under 50 yards.

I do like the accuracy of rifled barrels and the option to shoot further distances via rifle sights.

I will continue researching. Look forward to making a decision, hitting the range and bringing home the bacon.

I have a 20" Mossberg 500 8 shot (Persuader I believe). I used this Mossy for HD previously but have decided to turn it into a hunter. This also gives me an excuse to buy a 590 for HD. Ha ha ha!

I plan on purchasing a 24" slug barrel with rifled sights.

I will be hog hunting at night for the first time.

I already have a Wicked A48 green light but I'm interested in some sights that I"ll be able to see at night.

Any suggestions? Thanks

You need to post a fast 28 posts(rules);) and contact @MikeD,,,,he has a 24"slugger with sights for sale. I'm not sure which sights are on it.

Also if you need them Havlin has them cheap. You will also need a 5 shot mag tube to go with the 24" barrel. Also Havlin has them cheap.

I put the same thing together last year. Mossberg uses a Williams base on the rear sight and a off brand optic sight.

You need to post a fast 28 posts(rules);) and contact @MikeD,,,,he has a 24"slugger with sights for sale. I'm not sure which sights are on it.

Also if you need them Havlin has them cheap. You will also need a 5 shot mag tube to go with the 24" barrel. Also Havlin has them cheap.

I put the same thing together last year. Mossberg uses a Williams base on the rear sight and a off brand optic sight.

I would think he could contact MikeD about the for sale item but not post his own items for sale.

Good thinking though, I had forgotten about the barrel for sale.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think of having to replace the mag tube.

Back