• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nordic magazine extension and clamp

Hi guys,

Going to purchase a nordic mag extension and clamp today for my 930. This is a regular 930, not the SPX.

I measured the barrel at the spot I want the clamp to be and the OD is .870"

My question is: Do I need to request a specific clamp? I've read somewhere about differing barrel thicknesses and different clamp sizes.

Thanks!!

The standard clamp will work with your barrel as long as its not the bull barrel version. Do you have a picture of your 930?

No picture, but it's a 930 waterfowl. You directed me to it on Bud's Guns.

28" vent rib barrel, porting at the barrel tip. I think it's fairly standard. Same as the 930 field, just a matte receiver and barrel.

Any suggestions on where to purchase the mag extension/clamp ?

The standard barrel clamp from NC will work great then. That is the exact combination I use on my 28" field 930.

I didn’t have good luck with my NC extension tube clamp. If I put it on tight enough not to move and scratch the hell out of the finish when fired, it compresses the tube and hinders the shells from feeding.

I ended up taking it off.

I wonder if you got a bad clamp as I have been using their setup for a while now and its been flawless. Did you ever contact them? They are really good about their customer service.

No, I didn’t., I guess I should but I didn‘t think there was anything they could do for me. When I ordered it I told them that I had the new(er) 930 so they could send me the correct radius.

Give them a ring and let us know what ends up happening.

I sent an email and got a quick reply.

Ryan advised that I put a layer of electrical tape on the barrel clamp. Says he also puts a few wraps forward of the clamp.

I would do this but I’m thinking that the heat will make a gooey mess. Since the finish already got screwed up I’ll try it again, backing off just a bit till it allows the shells to feed and see if it moves again.

Back