• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Odd Cycling Issue

WNCmotard

.270 WIN
Supporter
So after installing my Or3gun MST, CSP, and CFR I took my 930 out to bust some clays yesterday with some friends. Ran a few rounds through the 18.5" setup first to try my new NC mag extension, found out I needed the longer NC spring for it to chamber the last round, no big deal though. I put a spacer behind the spring until I can get home and tinker with it, and verify it runs fine with the 18.5 barrel, flawlessly in fact, but it did that in stock trim too.

Switched out barrels for the 28" vent rib barrel, and the gun will not cycle, period. It will fire the first shell, but not eject it, every single time. Gun was clean as a pin when we started, as I clean my guns every time we got out, including the piston, rings, etc. I tore it down to check for anything obvious, and re-assembled only to get the same results. Ammo was Federal bulk box 7.5 shot 1200fps loads that it's ran fantastic up to this point. One thing I do notice is that with the CFR, I have to sort of push my foregrip up towards the barrel to get it to seat completely, and the pusher assembly has some noticeable wear marks where it's been rubbing something. Inside of the forearm maybe? But, it's the same way with either barrel, and didn't prevent the 18.5 from cycling flawlessly.

Any ideas at all? Maybe the comp MST is too light for the 28" barrel possibly? Hell, I'm stumped.

If your pusher assembly is rubbing in any way, it's going to slow down the action.
Rectify that issue and see how it performs.

^^Yes, I understand that, just don't understand why one barrel ran fine and the other wouldn't run at all. That makes no sense. Either way, I traced the issue down to the CFR needing some more filing down. Won't get to test it for a week or so though. Thanks for the help.

I would think that the 28" barrel would cycle better than the 18.5" one. It's counter intuitive. Could it be that the pusher assembly is rubbing against the bottom of the 28" barrel?

Sorry I never updated the thread. It was the pusher dragging on the forearm due to an improperly fitted CFR by me. I have replaced the CFR and it ran like a raped ape last time out, including full mag dumps with the NC +2 extension with the 18.5 barrel all while running Federal bulk box low velocity rounds. So much fun!

Back