1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

old mossy

Discussion in 'Discontinued Mossberg Models' started by sherifflittle, Apr 4, 2017.

1. sherifflittle

sherifflittle .410

i picked this little beauty for $40 yep 40 bucks. 22 lever action in good shape. fires like a dream. i have had so many people ask if i want my money back lol. [​IMG]
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Very cool.....

Side note funny.... @old mossy I thought he was talking about you.... lol
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I thought he was talking about him too.

Sheriff, I love the classic lever action 22's.

I cut my teeth on an old single shot (lever action) Ithaca many a' moons ago.
  4. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Good lookn' Mossy.

......who you callin' old!!!
    clint.jpg
    ripjack13 likes this.
  5. sherifflittle

sherifflittle .410

lol didnt know i was callin someones name. i shot 5 rounds out of it when i was lookin at it and man it is smooth.
  6. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Palomino 402 ?
  7. sherifflittle

sherifflittle .410

yeah 402a. cant get a accurate date on it but from a little searching maybe mid 60's
    old mossy and ripjack13 like this.
  8. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

Yes they are smooth. I have a 400 and a 402 as well as the new 464 but prefer the 400/402.
  9. sherifflittle

sherifflittle .410

alright went out and attemped to fire this again and had a bunch of trouble. it would fire a few rounds then go click. pull lever and wouldnt eject the unfired round but pick up a new one. had to dig it out to load next round. once cleared fire a few more and do it again. the rim of the unfired rounds looked just like the fired casings. any suggestions?
  10. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

How is your extractor? firing pin? Have you given it a good cleaning. They tend to be fired a lot but the action usually doesn't get the attention a bolt action gets. About all that can go wrong.
  11. sherifflittle

sherifflittle .410

been workin on my sidexside so havent had time to mess with it. gettin ready for a big four wheeling weekend but after thats done ill dig in to it.