• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Olympic Arms AR15 AND AR10 lower receiver

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I know there are probably a few of you out there scratching your heads wondering what I'm drinking this morning judging by the thread title, but I've known that this was coming up for some time now but couldn't say anything about it because it hadn't been officially announced.

Looks like they're wanting to build a little interest before formally introducing it at 2015 shot show and have leaked some info about it as a teaser, so I can pass it along to you guys now.

But Olympic Arms has designed another firearm industry first.

The first ever AR lower receiver that will accept both standard AR15 AND an AR10 uppers in a 7.62x51, 7mm-08, and 300 Short Mag and others.

While I have known about this for a while, I don't have all of the specifics, but if you're interested in seeing it and perhaps finding out a little more about it: http://oa2.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15272

MPR308-15-lower.jpg

Last edited:
how is his different than the Colt modular receiver 556/308 ?

I have noticed the front of the receiver near the magwell is different, and I honestly do not know about internal differences on either version.

But it does not appear that the Olympic or Colt 7/62x51 will interchange uppers at all.

Wow that is pretty neat stuff. I will have to check that out in January when I get to SHOT Show

Back