• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tube for Mossberg 930/935

Well I placed an order on Friday for the comp version of the MST and CSP for my 930 that shares duty between the 28" and 18.5" barrels. Now you have me wishing I had ordered the multi use versions instead. I basically only shoot 2&3/4 shells, will the CSP stuff hold up to heavier 2&3/4 loads, or is that a bad idea?

The Competition versions work fine for all 2.75" loads. People run standard slugs, buckshot and AA Super Sport heavy birdshot in them without issue. You should stay away from 3" (& 3.5" loads for 935s) with the Competition parts as they don't buffer the gas system as well as the Multi-Use versions and will beat on your receiver. This is one of the reasons we developed the new Adjustable Spring Retainer.

Adjustable-Retainer-MB.jpg

http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_plunger.htm

Some have realized they don't regularly run as light of loads as the Competition versions allow in their particular gun, but want a bit more of a buffer against the heavier stuff without having to change parts around. Rather than develop a plunger set-up that is between the Competition and Multi-Use versions, we decided to adjust the spring rate at the tail with an additional component. The ASR has 4 settings, one lighter than OEM and 3 heavier. The heavier settings allow you to adjust the spring rate between than of the Competition and Multi-Use spring plungers by changing out the factory recoil spring retainer to one with adjustments. With a Competition Plunger, you can get the spring rate all the way back to OEM with the ASR, with the ability to go even heavier than OEM with the Multi-Use Plunger installed if all you were going to run were 3" shells.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Just to be clear, I could order the ASR and run some 3" shells on a hunting trip with the spring rate cranked up and it would be fine using the comp versions of the MST and CSP, or would I need the multi use pluger also?

do you have any data of the marine blue competition version vs the multiuse comparing the cycling shot to shot(faster) ? vids ?

Just to be clear, I could order the ASR and run some 3" shells on a hunting trip with the spring rate cranked up and it would be fine using the comp versions of the MST and CSP, or would I need the multi use pluger also?

The Competition ASR will let you get the Competition CSP back up to the OEM spring rate. (The CSP part itself is less than 1/2 gram lighter than the OEM plunger in the first place, so that isn't a concern.) If you were starting from scratch, your usage is a better candidate for the Multi-Use line than the Competition versions. That said, if you keep the ASR cranked up you will be keeping your receiver from getting battered by the 3" loads.

do you have any data of the marine blue competition version vs the multiuse comparing the cycling shot to shot(faster) ? vids ?

The initial testing we did when developing the MST showed that the gas system with the Competition MST was about 10% faster than the OEM spacer under humid conditions, but we haven't had our hands on a camera with a high enough frame rate to detect any measurable difference between the Competition and Multi-Use versions. The mere physics of the added weight of the Multi-Use version would make it a bit slower than the Competition, but it does not translate to a difference worth considering in choosing between the two. More important is the reduced weight of the Competition version that gives lighter loads less work to do in getting it moving toward the pusher assembly.

Yes indeed - the part itself is significently different from the stock version . As for seeing a difference when shooting - that I can not say !

I'd like to order a second spacer for my 2nd 930 ; but thats a lot of cash to lay out . Can I get a discount ??

I ordered the same MST. Do you see a difference?

You won'treally be able to feel any difference when you shoot the gun. I notice a difference in wear, or lack of wear over time. I have an original blue MST, a raw polished MST, and a NiB coated MST. The NiB version I ordered raw with no coating and had a local coatings guy do the NiB. Had about 1000 rounds through the stock tube before I switched to the MST. Now have 4000 rounds through the MST. The MST has less wear on it than the stock tube.

The big difference is watching my gun work when others are having issues. Especially in the rain.

I'd like to order a second spacer for my 2nd 930 ; but thats a lot of cash to lay out . Can I get a discount ??

We do offer the MST in several Combos that reduce the cost of the individual parts quite a bit.

If a small finish defect doesn't bother you, PM me which version you are looking for and I can see if we have one that might fit your needs. We did have a couple of MSTs come back from anodizing with cosmetic flaws over the past several months and were engraved before the issues were found in QC. We typically use these for in-house test guns or mount them to dealer displays where the blemish isn't visible. We might be able to work something out on one to get your 930 equipped on a budget.

By request, we have some Competition MSTs currently being anodized in Pink, believe it or not. Depending on whether or not the actual sales live up to the requests, these may be on sale soon...

:oops:

William

Thanks OR3GUN ! I got a great deal from u on those MST's , and had a blast shooting over 500+ rounds last weekend . Thank u so much for a GREAT deal !!

Thank you Waitster. I had found this. I really wanted to get a coloured mag follower i.e. hi vis of some sort.
Ah well! wait 'til Mr Trump gets in and he may cancel ITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JohnG

We wanted to do something special for the MossbergOwners.com community this year, so we have come up with something we hope you'll like.

Simply mention Mossberg Owners in the notes of your order over $50 during Cyber Week (11/28 through 12/2) and we'll send an OR3GUN Logo Beanie along with your shipment. Combo orders from our International page ARE included in this offer. Keep an eye on our website during the week as we are featuring new parts every day through Friday.

CyberWeek-2016-Collage.jpg

Thanks again for your support!

William

Back