• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pack advice

Tim433

Hey everyone,

Im looking for a good hunting pack for day hunts that's capable of carrying some meat. Will be deer hunting in October. I was pretty set on the Badlands Clutch pack but have since realized I don't need a pack of that capacity and I'm looking now at the Tenzing TC 1500 and the Tenzing TZ 2250.
Does anyone have experience with any of these packs? Or recommend any similar packs?

I'm not familiar with Tenzing.

I am familiar with Camelbak and Eberlestock. The prices are similar to the Tenzing. I have had a Camelbak for years now and it's not big enough for carrying out meat but it's big enough for what I do and includes hydration which has been a huge plus for me. Also has an internal frame. I used to hunt with dogs and in the past I'd fill a vest or backpack with water bottles which took up space. When I started using the Camelbak I was able to water my dog from the pack and it was enough to last us the several hours we'd be out. My vote is for a hydration pack. It's easier to carry what you can wear.

Back