• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

<PIC> a great LED light to add to your pump for under $35

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Here's a little secret I want to share if you are wishing for a "tac light on a budget" for your pump shotgun.

I used a 6-shot 500 Persuader/Cruiser 12-ga and a Tac-Star (Lyman) flashlight mount I bought from http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

The light is a CR123 CREE with 220-lumens which is effin' bright as can be for a single cell light. It has great throw and excellent spill (about a 35-degree flood) out to 50+ yards. Some of my duty flashlights have fewer lumens than this little beauty! And the light costs less than $20 shipped.

The mount allows this shortened light to remain completely behind the muzzle crown avoiding the cuncussive blast damage that a light might endure were it too long.

Positive: the barrel front bead is exactly centered in the hot spot of the 220-lumen light, the light weighs nearly nothing, it has proven to be rugged enough to stand up well to recoil, and the whole set-up costs very little, batteries are cheap and readily available (even rechargeables).

Negative: It requires a twist to turn the light on (not a pressure or clicky switch), it probably comes with very little customer support, battery life is less than 45-minutes.

shotgun_light.jpg

Re: <PIC> a great LED light to add to your pump for under $3

Thats a really nice little set up!

Good info, Thanks!

ps, you mind if this goes to the Product Review?

Rossignol said:
Thats a really nice little set up!

Good info, Thanks!

ps, you mind if this goes to the Product Review?

Not at all, friend. I was about to pull the thread and delete it because I thought it wasn't getting any interest.

Several cops I work with are saying good things about it after trying/shooting this setup and they want to know where I bought everything.

Heck, lights are perhaps among the most frequently discussed topics! ;) Much like ammo and stocks!

Glad our friends in law enforcement are diggin it, Nice work!

Back