• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

QD mounting my 590A1

TargetSher

Copper BB
I'm trying to find how to mount a QD sling swivel plug receiver (female part) in a 590A1 speedfeed stock so I can run my Viking Tactics Sling between my AR and my A1. I am using a GG&G quick detach mount at the front magazine end. ANyone know of tutorials, pics, how to's, where on the speedfeed stock NOT to put it? (on the point anyone mount a ATI shotshell holder to a Speedfeed stock?) I want QD (though I do like Specter Gear's butt cuff 6shot holder). And I don't want a receiver junction system, not wanting to screw with bolt length or stock twist.

TargetSher said:
I'm trying to find how to mount a QD sling swivel plug receiver (female part) in a 590A1 speedfeed stock so I can run my Viking Tactics Sling between my AR and my A1. I am using a GG&G quick detach mount at the front magazine end. ANyone know of tutorials, pics, how to's, where on the speedfeed stock NOT to put it? (on the point anyone mount a ATI shotshell holder to a Speedfeed stock?) I want QD (though I do like Specter Gear's butt cuff 6shot holder). And I don't want a receiver junction system, not wanting to screw with bolt length or stock twist.

I like the Specter Gear 6 round buttstock shell holder. Works very well and hold the shells securely.

u8esy4e9.jpg

I like Specter too, but I want a QD mount which works with my Speedfeed stock, and not a receiver-stock intersection piece. Ideas anyone?

Thank you. I actually stumbled across that as well last night. I went to order it and it asks what thickness: A1/A2 or 870/1100. No Mossberg option. I would assume that since Rem uses speedfeed to make their stocks, the Mossberg Sdeedfeed would be similar width (sidewall thickness), a measure you can't find anywhere online it seems. Thoughts?? The mount is perfect. I ordered it finally, guessing the 870 thickness and emailed the company to double check so they can change it if need be. Thanks.

Let us know what they say. I may be going the same route. I have one of their light mounts on my AR and had great customer service from them.

They said the 870/1100 would work as the mounting is standardized, the depth would slightly vary but work. Not too sure though as I look in the buttstock of my speedfeed, 3channels, two large for springs, one central and 60% as big. Not sure how I'm going to pull this off. Thoughts anyone?

I just installed one on a Houge short stock. I like the set up. It took up a very small ammount of space inside the stock. Will post pics when I can

Back