• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question about SA-20 Tactical variation

MeanBone

Copper BB
Greetings from South Georgia!

I recently found an SA-20 Tactical (regular stock, no pistol grip) for sale around $450. It had a picatinny rail at the tip of the magazine near the muzzle to attach three different accessories.

Is this an early model?

Searched but haven't found a list of any SA-20 Tactical variations. Is there such a list?

Thanks!
Frank

Thanks for the reply!

I don't see the accessory this one has on Mossberg's website.

Wondering if the picatinny rail on the distal tip of the magazine under the barrel indicates if it's an earlier model. Doesn't seem to be offered in their current listing.

If it does indicate a early model are there any problems that were common initially?

Wondering if. Ivan add a compensated or flash hider to my 20 inch barrel to allow a slightly longer mag extension. Anyone know where I'd look? Gotta be somemething out there. Sound like choke tube is out. Ideas?

Karpo360 said:
Tri-rail variation is model 75778.

Did a search on Mossberg's website. Apparently, no longer provided.

Thanks for the model number!

I found the name. It's called a "Magtube Accessory Tri-rail Extension."

Here's a picture. You can see it under the barrel at the tip of the magazine.

Attachments

• Mossy SA-20 75778.jpg
    Mossy SA-20 75778.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 226
Re: Question about SA-20 Tactical variation (Tri-Rail)

I called Customer Service hoping to find out why this feature had been dropped and asked if they sold it separately as an accessory. The rep said he didn't know why and that they did not sell accessories.

He suggested Brownells so I did a search there. They have something close but it is barrel mounted, sort of a universal shotgun mount.

Attachments

• Tri-Rail Brownells.jpg
    Tri-Rail Brownells.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 220
I have seen a picture of that tri-rail adapter from Brownells mounted on the Choate mag extension. Looked good. Does anyone know if adding the mag extension on a foreign (Turkish) gun gets into trouble with the federal rules?

I have added Tru-Lock extended chokes to my SA-20 Tactical 20 inch barrel and it works great. I use improved cylinder "IC" for skeet and improved modified "IM" for trap. Next year I will try a full choke for trap. Be careful though, slugs can only be used in the IC choke and the gun cannot be fired with no choke or it will damage the threads. I do get some funny looks at the trap/skeet range with a tactical. I had the choke work done by Michael R. Orlen. Beautiful job. http://users.dls.net/~rdouglas/MikeOrlen.pdf

It originally came with the pistol grip stock but I use the standard stock most of the time. The standard stock is about an inch longer LOP and it feels better but I use the pistol grip occasionally. can't find a longer stock.

This gun is fun to shoot and pretty accurate. I am trying to get a longer 26" barrel but so far, no luck.

Back