1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Question Of The Month. (April 2018)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by carbinemike, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

It's April of 2021. Division in the U.S. has been worsening by the year. The republicans and democrats declare war on each other.

How would such a civil way play out?

The Rs would control most of the military machinery, probably the deciding factor. Ds would revert mostly to sabotage and make it very hard to maneuver and refuel after massive damage to infrastructure. Battles would probably become localized. The map would be redrawn by natural boundaries of terrain, water, natural resources with rubber-band borders for years. Rs would control most area. Ds would have enclaves taken by force or treaty.

How long would it last?

4 years 3 months and 7 days minimum. Max about 15 years 10 months and 22 days.

Who would win?

Both sides would win some controlled territory and some areas will be disputed forever.

What would become of you?

Most likely I'll die of old age, but I'd do my best to end my days as a double agent or spy or assassin working against the Ds. Firearms or aircraft will be involved.

I'm looking forward to it.

upload_2018-4-11_1-53-20.jpeg
    ripjack13 likes this.
  2. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Communes would be set up. People with varying skills that they can offer to one another. I might not be able to do some things needed, but can make up for it with other skills that could be of use.

The main thing is to think and be prepared for the what if when the time comes. Hopefully that time will never come.It's like needing a gun and not having one, or having one and never needing it.
  3. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Dare I say that some aspects of The Walking Dead and/or FTWD may apply. Like shortages of food, water, fuel, ammo and medicine. I do not believe there will be people walking around looking around for survivors to join up with. I do think there will be a lot of revenge killing... :sniper:
  4. zzrguy

zzrguy .410

The younger generation is weak but they have the numbers they are also cowards they are afraid to show their face which gives them the sense of being powerful. Antifa attacks in numbers but if you put down the right people they fold like a cheap suit. If it's a shoot war the right will win as long as the military stays constitutional.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I just do not see this coming down to a shooting War ever, guys. The left cannot win a hot shooting war, and their only chance is to disarm everyone before it begins. We're not going to give them that chance ever!

The only thing they know about war and guns is what they've seen in the movies, which is about 95% wrong.

Hell most of them probably can't change a flat tire.

This is going to be a war of the minds and not of bullets. It's going to be a war of psychology and a war for intellectual and financial resources.

How I see it coming down is that everybody's money gets hacked electronically & we all end up on government welfare because now everyone without hard currency is technically broke.

If they can steal everyone's money, they can force everyone into such a society.
    meanstreak likes this.