1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Question Of The Month...(September 2016)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by ripjack13, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Are there too many gun manufacturers for our own good?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2016.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

64.3%
  3. What kind of silly question is this?

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy,
    This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some of the later questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls...

**Rules**
    There is no minimum post requirement. :D

Are there too many gun manufacturers for our own good?
    carbinemike likes this.
  2. Pawpaw

Pawpaw .30-06 Supporter

Not "No", but "Hell No!!!"
    ripjack13 and Rossignol like this.
  3. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

I second that. It drives competition and innovation. Mediocre companies or companies that have been plagued with issues have either settled at the bottom or have had to up their game. It also means you and I are getting more gun for our dollar. Things that were intangible just several years ago have become affordable and for many of us, a reality. 10 years ago none of us could touch a quality AR for $700 but check out Aero Precision. These aren't bushmasters or base ARs with carry handles and A2 furniture. These are ready to shoot rifles with keymod hand guards and flat top receivers. And bolt guns have come a long way too. T/C Arms, Savage, and Mossberg all making Sub MOA rifles for $400 and less.

What did Mossberg say to Remington?
    I don't recall...
    Sorry, had to throw that joke in there.

The firearms industry is a rather fine example of how free markets should work. I could only hope things like health insurance would follow suit. We could then post health insurance PPOs in the Hot Deals section.
    JRExplorer3 and ripjack13 like this.
  4. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I don't see gun prices sinking so I say no.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  5. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Forum Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Unfortunately, due to the high demand, there are not enough being made. Although prices may have come down a bit they won't come down much especially when we have shooting incidents that are used for political gain. "The sky is falling" rant keeps prices artificially high but that may help keep some of the smaller companies in business.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

No. Let more people compete to make more effective and affordable firearms.
    ripjack13 likes this.