• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rain, rain go away.

Sn3aKyGuY

.30-06
So the post I'm at tonight is one of our 'outdoor' accounts. It's a trucking company that we have to patrol over the weekends and sign trucks in and out if they show up. Lucky me, almost every time I'm out here it rains. Today is no exception. I no more than get 5 min into my shift and it starts pourin. Lightning hits a few miles away knocking out power for a few minutes. The company was nice enough to convert a beat up 43' cargo trailer into a 'guard shack', as if that's gonna protect us in case of a tornado. :roll: Go thing I got a new rainsuit for fathers day! Now just to 7 more hours of severe thunderst
orms to go. Hope I don't end up on the land of oz... /end rant.

So again I jinxed myself joking about the weather. I've had to take cover in the main building 2-3 times already tonight. Mostly due to the crazy amount of lightning and hail. For about the last hour I've had lightning strike within a few miles of here every 10 to 30 seconds. I'm suprised the local cell towers haven't gone down yet. The midwest rocks :roll:

Oh yea, the 60+ mph winds are fun too. This damn excuse for a guard shack has about rolled over a couple of times.

Oh my gosh...why don't you just sneaky your way outta there!! I really hope the weather passes soon for you, it sounds like hell. :( stay safe out there! It's nice that your phone is still working, or laptop or whatever! I'm up late, ill try to keep ya company!

The rain is starting to die, but I'm one of three guys trained for this account. One has a broken ankle and I relieved the other at 1800. Was supposed to work till 0100 but my supervisor just called me and I have to go relieve him after I'm done here and work till 0600. Looks like another 12 hour shift for me. That'll make 3 this week. More money I guess.

What's keepin you up this late? Dreams of 20 gauge bird shot and slugs dancing in your head? :lol:

Aw man, that sucks. I'm always up late, with 4 kids its the only time I have for myself to get things done..and to hang with the hubby. He's watching the sub hunter, the drug subs and all that. Lol we just got our two oldest into bed, the 3 and 4 year olds. It's been a long day!

I feel you there. My son is almost 3 and he has this lovely attitude. He'll even tell you he has an attitude. We're 10'ish weeks along with our second one and I know that I'm do e after this one. I love my son, but man is he a handfull. That saying about you get back 10 fold what you gave your parents better not be true, or him and I are in for a looong 16 years.

True that! So far it hold true for is, only I was a good girl, my husband was the rotten one. Kinda sucks for me because I'm the one home all day everyday with the little monsters so I'm the one dealing with it. Lol. Boys are crazy too! I don't sit down at all during the day, between the diapers, the wrestling, yelling, fighting, whining, etc. And with 4 boys, those little guys, even though they are all young, want to eat all friggin day! Ha.

I wasn't a bad kid. I was just curious and had no fear. When I was 3 I burnt down 1/3 of our house playing with matches. I didn't have the best parents either and ended up moving out at 15 ... that's about the time I started my wildness. I grew up pretty quick though and I'm (atleast I think so) doing a great job as a parent so far. It deffinatly changed my life for the better. I shutter at ghe thought of where I would be now if I'd never of had my son.

That's awesome. It is pretty crazy that a child can change people the way they do and not even realize it. Oh, and forgot to tell you Congrats on the little one on the way! Boy or girl? Or don't know yet? My 4 year old sounds like you....super curious, super smart and mechanically inclined...which is great but not when he isn't old enough to have comment sense yet! It's a constant battle with him because he's so active and curious, but its dangerous. Lol.

Not sure yet. Hoping for another boy but I have this gut feeling its a girl. I have 3 sisters, 2 of which are ... let's just say trouble and I've seen it all. With a boy you just gotta worry about his penis. With a girl you gotta about every penis. And with that I think this just crossed work safe line.

Lol!! Sneak your way back to work safe ASAP. I have a twin sister and an older sister and my husband had 5 older sisters, one that is no longer with us on earth.... but we still had 4 boys! Ya just never know though. I had a gut feeling that I was having a girl 4 times...but nope, all boys. But I love my boys and as much as I wanted a girl, it'd best that I didn't because my boys are rowdy!!

Nope, it was really nice so I could see fireworks from 4 or 5 different places. Finally have a few days off so diggin that!

Woohoo for days off! I was up till 3 and then the baby woke up at least 6 times after that. it was a hellacious night! Saw that you replied, but I was so exhausted that I didn't feel like typing on my phone. Lol. Hope you have a good day off with the wifey and kiddo. :)

Back