• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

replacement gas system return spring?

bani

so the forearm retainer on my 930 broke during a trap session, which led to the walnut forearm cracking, and then the gas system return spring got all bent and jacked up.

tried to bend it back into shape, no go.

anyone know if there's any off the shelf matching part to replace the spring? i don't want to have to go through another several week wait ordering replacement parts from mossberg.

Hey Bani. Sorry to hear about your issue. There is no "off the shelf" spring that I am aware of for that particular part. I know the first time I shot my 930, what apparently happened was when I tore it down for it's first cleaning, I installed it backwards when I reassembled it. That put the tab that covers the bottom of the receiver facing towards the muzzle instead of towards the stock. The first few shots using 2000 fps Sabot rounds down range shattered the plastic part but did not damage the composite forearm. In your case though I would recommend you send it back to Mossberg for repair since something definately went wrong during assembly and they will make it right.

FWIW, ask to talk to Javier at the Customer Service Center. Javier has a reputation as the person who is truely top shelf in customer service and can get your problem addressed quickly and correctly. Good luck.

Paul

Back