• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

S&J Mag Extension for 590A1?

mirko26

Copper BB
My first Mossberg, my first post and my first question........I just got a 590A1 and was curious if anyone has added the S&J Plus 2 Mag Tube to theirs. If so, any feedback (positive or negative)?

Thanks.

No experience with the S&J myself, but someone should be along shortly.

I use a Nordic Components +2 extension and it's been great. Just stay away from Choate, there's plenty of reading on reasons why around the forum...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No experience with the S&J myself, but someone should be along shortly.

I use a Nordic Components +2 extension and it's been great. Just stay away from Choate, there's plenty of reading on reasons why around the forum...

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, the Nordic sticks out beyond the barrel, correct? Ultimately it's not a huge deal if I end up with an extension that is a bit longer than the barrel (assuming it works well), but I do like the idea that the S&J is flush (unless people have had bad experience with it).

I use the NC +2 on my 18.5" 930 and it's about 3/4" short of the barrel's end. I have the breacher barrel though, so the overall dimensions may differ from your 590a1.

My NC +2 is exactly 15cm long, so taking a measurement from the base of your tube's threads to the end of the barrel should give you an idea if it'll work for you...

By the way, welcome to the forum!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I use the NC +2 on my 18.5" 930 and it's about 3/4" short of the barrel's end. I have the breacher barrel though, so the overall dimensions may differ from your 590a1.

My NC +2 is exactly 15cm long, so taking a measurement from the base of your tube's threads to the end of the barrel should give you an idea if it'll work for you...

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome and the good info!

Yes Sir, glad to help.

Keep us posted whichever way you decide to go. We love reviews and feedback on aftermarket accessories...

Welcome to MO!

You could try a search on here for the S&J extension to find more info on it.

I personally haven't heard any negative on it and if I had to say, it would def be prefered over the Choate.

I know Simon of S&J and he posts here sometimes under "badboybeeson". He's one of those guys who wants to know what you think and if ever you have any issues. He's very good about gettin back to people fairly quickly too.

I know M24 on here has pictures of the S&J extension on his firearms and simon had responded to one in particulay mentioning it was an early model and the the extensions no longer have a two piece cap or end. They are one solid unit now...

Thanks for the input guys. After looking into it a bit I decided to order the S&J +2 extension. I couldn't seem to find a bad word about S&J or this product specifically for the 590A1.

I'll post some pics after I get it on and will make sure I give some feedback after firing the gun with it attached.

Back