• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 24" barrel?

After a quick search, I don't see barrels for sale but the bantam has a 24" barrel so maybe check with Mossberg to see if it can be purchased separately.

Admittedly, it has been a while since I looked for anything for my SA-20. At one time I fancied a pistol-grip stock but found it was made of unobtanium. Common consensus is that Mossberg (Int'l) stocks NOTHING for these which is a shame... :( It could really be a popular gun, if they did. The Weatherby SA-459 is VERY similar and also made in Turkey by the same MFG, (I think).

Dumb question, but did you try calling Mossberg direct? o_O

Btw, Welcome Aboard, Ski! :)

After a quick search, I don't see barrels for sale but the bantam has a 24" barrel so maybe check with Mossberg to see if it can be purchased separately.

I sent them an email and posted on their Facebook page. Still waiting to hear back. I will probably call them next week if the don't message me back.

Admittedly, it has been a while since I looked for anything for my SA-20. At one time I fancied a pistol-grip stock but found it was made of unobtanium. Common consensus is that Mossberg (Int'l) stocks NOTHING for these which is a shame... :( It could really be a popular gun, if they did. The Weatherby SA-459 is VERY similar and also made in Turkey by the same MFG, (I think).

Dumb question, but did you try calling Mossberg direct? o_O

Btw, Welcome Aboard, Ski! :)
I sent them an email and posted on their Facebook page. Still waiting to hear back. I will probably call them next week if the don't message me back.

I called, They don't sell the barrels separately.

Thanks for the update. There is Joe Zakher at Mossberg that you might try. I don't have his contact info handy but you might try a search here at MO or someone may have his Email. He has been helpful when possible for questions like yours... Good Luck and keep us posted.

Choate makes a +2 and +3 extension for the SA-20--I have a +3 on my Thug. Search my handle and "SA-20" and the thread(s) should come up. About $60 shipped.

Thanks for the update. There is Joe Zakher at Mossberg that you might try. I don't have his contact info handy but you might try a search here at MO or someone may have his Email. He has been helpful when possible for questions like yours... Good Luck and keep us posted.

Choate makes a +2 and +3 extension for the SA-20--I have a +3 on my Thug. Search my handle and "SA-20" and the thread(s) should come up. About $60 shipped.

Thanks, I see someone posted his email too. I will try and contact him.
I have a question for you Bobster. Did you upgrade your bolt release button? If so, what did you use? The one on this SA-20 is really stiff. My daughter is 13 and has a hard time pressing it. I had a gunsmith at our skeet club look at it. He tried lightening the spring, but it's still stiff. I called Mossberg and the are sending me a new spring. I was hoping to upgrade to a bigger button, but can't find one on-line and the Mossberg Rep, wasn't aware of an upgrade.
Thanks again.

Back