• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 on the way!

Been thinking about trying out 3 gun with the wife at our local range, so I ordered "her" a new SA-20 Bantam from gunbuyer.com over the holiday break. I finally got the FFL info transferred to them today, so hopefully it should be in my hands in about a week. I've got a whole pile of 20 ga reloading kit and a progressive MEC gathering dust in the basement, so I really hope it runs nicely enough to brush the dust off and find a load it likes. $415 for a brand new SA w/ 5 choke tubes is almost too good to be true, so I'll just be cautiously optimistic. ;)

Putting together the 3-gun/HD shopping list now. Longer Choate mag extension is on the list (+ however many it really is). Also looks like some folks have gotten a little creative with side shell carriers, (at least with similar otherwise aftermarket-ly-unsupported shotties like the Weatherby PA-459), is there a solid solution for a side shell carrier for the SA-20? Anyone know what thread pitch the front sight bead is? I'm guessing something 4-5mm...?

I installed a 3-round extension on my Thug and got heavily into detail. Search "bobster" and "sa-20" and the various threads should show up. These take Benelli chokes, BTW, not that you need any.

I installed a 3-round extension on my Thug and got heavily into detail. Search "bobster" and "sa-20" and the various threads should show up. These take Benelli chokes, BTW, not that you need any.

Pretty sure your Thug post is the reason I ended up joining here - ;) - couldn't see the pics until I joined! Nicely done, sir.

She's arrived!

Preliminary thoughts are great. No noticeable flaws with the girl, great balance, more than acceptable fit and finish, 5 chokes, and she'll ghost load... How cool is that?

Now, who has measurements for the Choate +3 and +4 extended mad tubes? Choate or Nordic?

Not sure when I'm going to get either to the range, but they certainly make a nice complimentary pair, especially with the included shim kit. I put both the shims that reduce drop to comb together for the bantam stock on the 459 and the spacer that increases drop to comb on the PG stock on the SA-20.

I'm thinking the SA-20 needs drilled and tapped for a Burris 336 mount and a Fastfire on top, a Mesa 6 shell carrier on the side, and the Nordic +5 extension.

My wife gets all the cool guns... Eh, who am I kidding, she likes the pump gun. ;)

Back