• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 on the way ...

I ordered an SA-20 20" standard stock from Buds. This will be my first semi auto shotgun. In fact, the only other shotgun I've ever fired is my Mossberg 500 20 gauge (pictured below). I plan to field strip, clean and lubricate it well before taking it to the range. I will also cycle my snap caps through it.

The indoor range I shoot at only allows buck or slug, no shot. I have a variety of buck and slugs in my ammo box:

Federal 4 buck
Remington and Aguila 3 buck
Aguila 2 buck
Rio and Spartan 1 buck
Federal Tru Ball rifled slugs
Remington Slugger rifled slugs

I plan to shoot 5 to 10 shells of each the first time out to see if any of it doesn't cycle. I'm thinking I'll start with the slugs as they are more powerful, should cycle fine and might help "break in" the gun. Any thoughts or suggestions you guys have would be appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:
Cool, can't wait to hear more about it! What model did you order?

I think I found the model. Is it the one with the receiver rail ghost ring sight and fiber optic post?

Good luck with it. Fun gun to shoot. The heavy stuff should cycle no problem. The low brass shot under 1 oz is where they get finicky.
After it breaks in, I have had no more problems.
I actually like the standard stock better.

It turns out that Buds didn't actually have one ("inventory glitch") so there will be no pics and no report.

Dave

Back