• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Searching for the right Mossberg

Mossbair

Copper BB
I just posted a thread in the intro section......instead of posting the same thread twice ill post the link to it....
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8874

Concerning which mossberg I should get for making a home defense/ tactical berg.
Thanks,
Erich

If none of the Mossberg models seem to fit you wants/needs... I would start off with a basic 500 and buy the accessories you want later. I would caution you to choose your add-ons wisely, since the 500/590 already comes it at about 7-8lbs... adding a pistolgrip stock, full on tri rail, light and heatshield, these all add up in weight and will eventually turn you relatively nimble shotgun into a 10+ lbs counter ballast.

I've had my fair share of accessories for the 500 that I ended up ditching because it just didn't add to the functionality of the weapon. Start small.... maybe with a new stock and light, or a side saddle or extra ammo capacity. Then go out to the range and see how these interact with your ability to handle the shotgun. Only then would I start adding larger items like the tri-rail if it's really something you're fond of.

As usual, just my $0.02 :D

Howdy Mossbair,

The Flex models are great, but one thing to consider is that they are only compatible with Flex system stocks and forends. If you're looking to modify with aftermarket parts, the Flex system can be a real headache. Standard, non-Flex, models are going to be a lot easier to customize/personalize...

Boy oh boy, that's good to know. ( about the flex series ) now I'm looking at models that already have the adjustable stock and pistol grip.....such as Mossberg 500 Persuader

Back