• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shots fired on my street!!!!

Came home today to see three cops at the end of my street with there AR's (No SWAT but about 30 cops) . I was able to wave one down to ask what was going on they said one of them heard shots so they were going around checking all the house in cars they all just left. More to come ???? Have to ask neighbor what happen.

Dang, that could freak you out, wonderin if someone could maybe be in your house?

Howd it all pan out?

Gettin close to the 4th of July. There are lots of pretty convincing sounds of gunfire in our neighborhoods this time of year, which are usually just pyrotechnics but there are a few actual guns being discharged as well. Believe it or not, as there are not municipal ordinances against discharging firearms in many local municipalities (around here) there isn't much we can do unless it involves reckless endangerment.

Truth is, if someone builds a sufficiently safe backstop and wants to target shoot in his back yard there isn't a whole lot of fuss made about it. I guess that's the South for you..... :)

Two years ago, on New Years Eve, I was on a US highway conducting a traffic stop. I didn't realize that it was almost midnight when I stopped the driver. While I was beside the drivers window, people on BOTH sides of the highway not 100-200 feet away from me came out in their yards at the stroke of midnight and started blasting. One used an SKS, the other a hi-cap .40S&W pistol.

I thought I was caught in the crossfire in the middle of a freakin ambush for a few seconds until my heart got back to a normal rhythm.... :)

Hope your neighborhood is once again safe. After that kind of saturation by the police I would guess any criminals have moved on.

Ah yes, good points on the fireworks! I've shot on new years before too, better than those pop cap thingies!

I live about 1/2 mile from the local gun club that's in a hollow behind me so it's actually kind of freaky when we aren't hearing gun shots. Makes me feel safe to hear them. Now when I lived in the city, that's another matter. Sure don't miss that.

Back