• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show Us your Bike

I like that Honda, just not sure my feet would reach the ground when I stopped.
I’m about a 30.5” inseam...it’s tip toes for me with the seat in the high position, in the low position I’m on the balls of my feet.

It’s tall. I have ordered a Seat Concepts replacement kit, which should arrive in a month or so...specs say it should drop me another inch.

With a bike that big off road you just have to expect you’re gonna dump it especially if you’re not flat footing....she’s 500lbs without luggage and the fuel tank is huge and up high.

Not the best pics...but they help to give a little scope to the size of the fuel tank...it's bloody massive. LOL!

KVR WESTBOUND FROM PRINCETON.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about a 29.5 inch inseam. I am pretty much on my tip toes on the Concours. If I use the one foot method like I did back in the 60s my foot is on the ball.

Yeah I find myself doing that a lot too. Mind you, it's how I was trained to ride in traffic anyway, left foot down and right foot up on the brake when at a stop. When I was a kid I was all over the place with that kind of stuff, I never had any formal instruction til I was in my late 30's. Been riding motorbikes since I was 7 or 8.

The only other bike I had that had me on tip toes or the balls of my feet was my early 90's 195cc Suzuki TS200R enduro...man I loved that bike. It was fast for a small bike...35HP @ 8500RPM. That thing introduced me to the idea of long distance off road travel...it was such a capable machine. All it needed was a 44 tooth rear sprocket to not have to hit the powerband as often and generate more tractable power and less wheel spin when climbing the loose stuff and make it a better "do-all" machine. My buddy rode a Yamaha YZ250WR and he had trouble either losing me or keeping up with me and I'd say he was a better jockey than I. The guy I bought the Suzuki from had a new piston and sleeve put in just before I bought it, I often wondered if he had bored it out some...cuz it was just so good at toting my fat frame around with ease.

P7240022.JPG IMG-20111029-00131.jpg
Then some douchebag stole it and rat bagged it...bastard!!

I rode my first mc at 14. Bought my first Honda at 21.
I always say I was a self-taught rider and had a horrible instructor.
LOL! I was fortunate Scoop, I worked for a professional driving school as a semi-trailer instructor and we had a motorcycle division run by a retired motorcycle cop...awesome instructor. He was on the Vancouver Police drill team at one time; I learned tons just by riding with him and watching him on the road. We've kept in touch ever since then, he's one of the funniest guys I've ever met. Both his daughters are cops now too, his wife was a 911 dispatcher back in the day...runs in the family I guess.

Last edited:
cm, I learned the same way with one difference. My first 3 rides the brake was on the left, shifter on the right. My first bike with a right side brake was after I had been riding for 7 or 8 years. Man, that switch seemed so wrong at the time, lol. I gotta admit I used the wrong pedal a few times, maybe more.

cm, I learned the same way with one difference. My first 3 rides the brake was on the left, shifter on the right. My first bike with a right side brake was after I had been riding for 7 or 8 years. Man, that switch seemed so wrong at the time, lol. I gotta admit I used the wrong pedal a few times, maybe more.

LOL...I've never ridden with reversed controls. That would be downright dangerous for me!! Far too much muscle memory now I think. I kinda have an idea what it would be like, as I operated excavators with Cat or John Deere controls which messes you up royally too! Thank goodness I never had to rely on my operating skills to make a living! LOL :lol:

My 2004 V-Strom 1000

50557742876_906fbe40bb_z.jpg

50557002903_ba2a9f13b3_z.jpg

50557009468_2a73007dd0.jpg

29670683087_9838b18106_z.jpg

42798652930_1703a52d32_z.jpg

Nowadays this is my daily ride.
8CBF5728-9186-4B61-B02D-6B0AE875B760.jpeg
It was different when I had to commute. I often rode this:
5F4F80BF-9178-4113-AA5B-C474EF801571.jpeg
I should get it out this weekend because it hasn’t had any exercise lately.

Building up an old aluminum frame found in the trash. This had several coats of flat black paint and dirt on it.
70CA251C-94B5-4F51-AB3C-2967B51B7B8F.jpeg
I have about eight hours in it just scrubbing the frame with wire brushes and scotchbrite.

I took out the old cups and I pressed in some bottom bearing adapters.

This let you put the modern Euro type sealed bearing kit in old American bikes.
7FE697FA-49B1-4239-8930-9AD347C1D539.jpeg

This was just done with nuts and threaded rod and flat washers, plus a couple of press plates from my ball joint press kit.

Before my brother-in-law passed away he bought this worlds cheapest ladies bicycle from Target or Walmart. This is a generic Chinese bicycle and all the parts on it are quite flimsy.
D87E42D8-7716-47A9-9E58-E0AEBDBED0D6.jpeg

I can’t tell her that her dead husband bought her a shitty bicycle so I’m gonna have to get her a new one for Christmas and tell her I accidentally smashed this one with my truck.

Attachments

• EA162F01-BB1D-4306-8618-2AB2A5ADDE28.jpeg
    EA162F01-BB1D-4306-8618-2AB2A5ADDE28.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 0
I took out the old cups and I pressed in some bottom bearing adapters.

This let you put the modern Euro type sealed bearing kit in old American bikes.
View attachment 28265

This was just done with nuts and threaded rod and flat washers, plus a couple of press plates from my ball joint press kit.

Before my brother-in-law passed away he bought this worlds cheapest ladies bicycle from Target or Walmart. This is a generic Chinese bicycle and all the parts on it are quite flimsy.
View attachment 28267

I can’t tell her that her dead husband bought her a shitty bicycle so I’m gonna have to get her a new one for Christmas and tell her I accidentally smashed this one with my truck.
I don't care what @meanstreak says about you...I think you're a heckuva stand up fella!

I don't care what @meanstreak says about you...I think you're a heckuva stand up fella!
Yeah, I think you got that all little backwards. Meanstreak’s never spoken a bad word about me, but my own mother would tell you that I am a heathen and a scoundrel. The poor woman’s been in the grave now for five years, but I can still hear her voice.

“You’re gonna break your leg on that goddamn thing!

Yeah, I think you got that all little backwards. Meanstreak’s never spoken a bad word about me, but my own mother would tell you that I am a heathen and a scoundrel. The poor woman’s been in the grave now for five years, but I can still hear her voice.

“You’re gonna break your leg on that goddamn thing!
Funny you say that, my Mom has been gone five years now as well and I can still hear her shrieking all three of my names in exasperated desperation! LOL!

I picked up some new aluminum bear trap pedals for the aluminum bike, And this slightly used chopper fork with disc brake mount.
F61894D8-B82C-4129-B6BA-4831B19EF54F.jpeg

C2718158-ECBD-432A-98E2-7E2A2D48A791.jpeg

I also got these chrome hole plugs for the top of the forks on my other bike, to replace the black rubber plugs.
4E5A2ACC-761E-4266-AABC-2C07C3CEC111.jpeg
They sure don’t put much chrome on them anymore.

Now I need to do something about my ugly plastic phone holder.

@Kawahauler
This is where all the bike pix want to be.
5C687F1E-ECBC-40AC-81B9-5FF69E9B310B.jpeg
I just rebuilt this one. It belonged to the old lady two doors down the street for about 60 years. Had sat out rusting and rotting for at least 30.
E0E5C045-E95D-4693-A371-B7EE53FC3F51.jpeg

Antique charm with modern aluminum rims and racing tires. ;-)

2020 Specialized Roubaix Pro 56cm. Great BIke.
I am lucky to live in a very quiet neighborhood in a very quiet town.

Anywhere else, I would be afraid to ride that bike to the grocery store and park it outside. People would cut through the frame to steal the wheels and parts.

I don’t think there’s any kind of a chain to protect an $8000 plastic bicycle.
:oldman:

But I remember playing with one like that and I could lift the whole bicycle off the ground with one little finger!

Back