• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Slide fire stocks for AR/AK?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Has anyone tried one of these or similar?

So far they are deemed legal because there is no mechanical assist.

Looks like it could be fun and a lot cheaper then whats in volved in getting a true FA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoRECL--40[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f7OCnrrpk[/youtube]

I have always wanted to try one. I can bump fire an entire mag from an ar …..only about half from a mini or ak, fun but a big waist of 30 rounds but the stock adds some control to it so it might be cool. I good while ago the Bumpster was about 400 bucks so I don’t think I would put the money out for it, cool though

It didn't end too well for last company to try this.

Anyone remember the Akins Accelerator? It was initially approved by the BATFE then later banned after they found a loop-hole in its design that enabled them to classify the stock as a full-auto device. I know this new stock uses a different operating system, but I feel it's only a matter of time before they figure out a way to ban this one too.

The Akins used a spring to facilitate the rapid firing. But that thought has occured to me as well. I would hate to buy it and have it banned and be forced to return it w/o refund.

My thoughts exactly.

Even without the possibility of a ban, it still seems like a really expensive way to dump a mag. I applaud them for forward thinking and ingenuity though...

MikeD said:
The Akins used a spring to facilitate the rapid firing. But that thought has occured to me as well. I would hate to buy it and have it banned and be forced to return it w/o refund.

Yea, FPS Russia did something on this boasting how it was legal and all I could think was, "Yea until they see this and rewright the legislation".

The NFA calls a "machine gun by the following;

"2.1.6 Machinegun. Firearms within the definition of machinegun include weapons that shoot, are
designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual
reloading by a single function of the trigger."

also..

"Included within the definition of machinegun is any part designed and intended solely and exclusively,
or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun. This
portion of the machinegun definition addresses what are commonly referred to as conversion kits. The
“any part designed and intended solely and exclusively” language refers to a part that was produced for
no other reason than to convert a weapon into a machinegun."

Technically there is a mechanical device allowing for this to hapen because the user is not releasing the trigger and pulling again manually. I think it isn't long before these dissapear and people are out some money, or getting tax stamps to keep them.

You couldn't pay me to stick that soon to be banned piece of junk on my rifle.

That things right up there with CZ Pistol bayonets.

Back