• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

small arms food

Finally, 20 days later…..too bad I don’t have anything left to shoot them in…..I’ll load them and take them apart over and over for the entertainment value.
IMG_1212_zpsdfc5828b.jpg

24 grains of IMR 3031mmmmmm

Hornady 55 grain Soft Points. I like 'em....they have a flat base.....I sure like loading boat tail better but loading them wasn't bad at all. They cycle great in AR 15 incase anyone was wondering about the SP's going up the feed ramps

sorting through brass today, got so much to reload. I will probably start to dive into 300blk with a buddy since there are about 500 empies floating around my garage

I am starting to get used to seeing them but today I was surpised how small the BLK case looks next to a 357 Magnum ......interesting. And next to a X39, for a round it is supposed to be comparable to the BLK has a much smaller case looking at them side by side

Very interesting comparison on size. Much appreciated! I almost jumped into .300BLK but so far haven't.

I'm really digging the blackout.

Still haven't loaded anything, but I have about 7 lbs of brass saved up that I can choose from between 223 and the whisper. Still holding off loading them because I'm saving up for some more tooling, but soon enough.

Another interesting picture since we're comparing apples.

220 gr 300 blackout on left, 55 gr 223 on the right

300 003.JPG

Very interesting comparison on size. Much appreciated! I almost jumped into .300BLK but so far haven't.
well we have been shooting the crap out of Tyler's , its fine, not wow must own for me..... Just another gun, he is getting a SpecWar or something like that for it. Then it will be more special.
we got the two pistols to shoot side by side , they are both cool but for me its still 556.
Next thing for me might be a 12.5 " 308win....the king of 30 cal scare everyone off. tylers AR10 is impressive in the sea of small arms we are shooting. pew pew pew BOOM pewpew BOOM BOOM BOOM , real distinct lol

The blackout is certainly no 308. Despite the bullet.

I don't own an AR10 simply because the Fal, and the piston system appealed to me much more. I also like the M14, and even a Garand (yeah, I know, not a 308), but either still appeal to me more than the AR10.

The blackout is certainly no 308. Despite the bullet.

I don't own an AR10 simply because the Fal, and the piston system appealed to me much more. I also like the M14, and even a Garand (yeah, I know, not a 308), but either still appeal to me more than the AR10.

me too, to be totally honest if I had the money I would most likely get the SOCOM16 over the AR10 but if I could get AR10 parts for cheap I would do that too.
The 308's don't appeal to me near as much as the 556. I like the 308 who doesn't, I think the non standardization is stupid. Might as well have a Springfield I say but nothing longer than 16 inches , 16 inch 308's are plenty poop.

One of the guys from work does have an FAL, real long . I have shot the shorter version before his , I like that size .....dont know much about them . We ran into a guy at the range who knew quite a bit........there seems to be a lot to know about those rifles . He told my friend that he had a bunch of mags that he would put in his range bag and if he ever saw us there again he would give the mags to him, pretty cool old timer, he had a short Colt a CAR/XM looking thing.....that little one with the little metal collapsible stock....old and original.

The Fal isn't really that bad, but the long barrels will put hair on your chest lugging them around. That's what mine is, but I have it dedicated for marksman duty. There are some things that are "different" about the fal's especially concerning whether they're metric or standard, but they're not really too hard to learn. At least as simple as most any other weapon that has seen service.

As for FAL mags, Moses Mags are the bomb-diggity. Best magazine for the Fal E-V-E-R !!!! And they work in either metric or standard receivers. Unlike metal mags that you need to buy for depending on country of origin. Or metric/standard styling.

not so much the weight for me, I just like compact guns and a 16 inch 308 is lethal at all respectable ranges you can see through a 16 power scope....and every bit as accurate.
I would like a SOCOM16 with a nice Trijicon 1-6 BDC calibrated to a 16 inch barrel .....dreaming. I should sell some guns and make it happen but I never do

It ain't real accurate but for a rifle to fight with I still really love my Scout Squad in wood with a Micro-T1.

It ain't real accurate but for a rifle to fight with I still really love my Scout Squad in wood with a Micro-T1.
MAYBE not precision by definition..... but accurate, all day and about as devastating as man portable shoulder fired weapons get

Back